Dining Beyond the Dining Halls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

There are many reasons why I chose to go Towson University. Of course, I liked how close Towson was from the city, or how small the class sizes were. But I must admit, the food had me sold. Lets face it, most schools don’t have the best selections when it comes to food. I grab my stomach and put my head down in shame just reminiscing about my K-12 experience.

But Towson had everything I could ask for, and more. They not only offered me the glorious chicken nuggets from Chick-Fil-A, but I had the option to eat sandwiches made the way I WANTED. If I was really hungry I could go to the dining hall for a buffet. But even with all the options on campus, I am here to tell you there is more! More options beyond the dining hall, that is…

There are so many options off-campus that keep impressing me. If you are a Towson student, some restaurants allow you to use your Onecard. So here are five of my favorite places to eat when I’m feeling adventurous.

1. Chipotle and Qdoba

I put both of these together only because they are in the same category. I will admit that I have been team Chipotle for a while now, however Qdoba has rich flavors in their food that are indescribable. They even have half prices for college students with an I.D. on Wednesdays.

2. Miss Shirley’s

Miss Shirley’s is downright one of the best places to go for breakfast or brunch. It has a cozy and comfortable atmosphere. The only downside in my opinion is they close so early (their hours are 7am-3pm). But their amazing food makes up for that.

3. Glory Days

I’ve personally never been to Glory Days, but I hear a lot of raves and great reviews. Glory Days is a family friendly sports bar. They have hamburgers, wings and a crab pretzel that I hear is to die for!

4. Kyodai Rotating Sushi Bar

If you’re a fan of Japanese food, then you may want to consider this place for delicious sushi. The sushi is fresh, and the staff are very friendly. 

5. Towson’s Hot Bagels

Towson’s Hot Bagels offers more than you expect. From hot and cold sandwiches to salads, their menu is quite pleasing.

Other surrounding restaurants include The Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Pasta Mista, Applebee’s, TGIF Fridays, Noodles & Co. and the list goes on. Be open-minded this semester, get on the shuttle and ride (with a friend of course). You never know what you will find. But at least you know you will never go hungry while being a student on campus. Happy food finding

Alexandra (Ali) Pannoni is a senior at Towson University majoring in journalism with a minor in theatre. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Her Campus Towson. As the Campus Celebrity columnist for Her Campus Towson, Ali has interviewed Country Music Superstar Chuck Wicks and Major League Baseball Player Casper Wells. In Spring 2012 she was an editorial intern with Baltimore magazine. Currently she is an intern for the nationally syndicated radio morning show, The Kane Show, heard locally on HOT 99.5 in Washington D.C. and Z104.3 in Baltimore.  You can view some of her published work for Baltimore magazine on her website. She loves reading magazines, (attempting) to run, and hanging out with friends and family.