Career Updates: Chelsea Is Going To Disney World!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Working in Disney has always been my dream. C’mon, 2013!

Disney has been a part of my life since I was a month old.

My parents told me that since it was my mom’s maternity leave and my sister was still young enough, they decided in the middle of the night to take us to Disney. Since then, we’ve been back numerous times; it brings us together, and brings us more joy than I can possibly explain.

Never in my dreams did I ever imagine I’d be able to actually one day be a part of the magic. Imagine my excitement, then, when I learned of the Disney College Program. This program is a paid internship in either Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in California, where participants spend the semester working at either park. Candidates can work any of the possible jobs, including attractions, merchandise, housekeeping; they can even be characters if they audition!

I heard about this program my first semester here at Towson. Now, a year later, I finally applied. One application, a web-interview, and a phone interview later, and I received the amazing news that next spring I shall be working merchandise in Walt Disney World!

Words cannot describe how incredibly happy I am to be given this opportunity. It doesn’t even feel real yet. I’m a little nervous to be so far away from home; I can barely spend two weekends at school without becoming homesick. It’s one of the perils of having such an amazing family always there for you. But I know this is going to be a once in a lifetime experience.

I’ve loved Disney all my life. Now, I get to help others feel the same love for a wonderful company. If we can make children happy and help them remain children instead of growing up too soon, then we really can help make the world a better place!

Interested in applying for the program? Check out the Disney College Program website for more information!