Campus Celebrity: Nick Berry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Celebrities, politicians and public figures are constantly under scrutiny. Their social media use is heavily monitored. In recent news, the University of Oklahoma’s SAE chapter was closed and two members were expelled when a racially insensitive video surfaced on the internet. The incident brought negative attention and criticism to all Greek affiliated organizations.

This week’s campus celebrity is Nick Berry. Nick is the risk management director and a founding father of the newly formed fraternity Alpha Sigma Phi at Towson University.

Nick is a junior from Clarksburg, Md. He is a Communications Studies major and an Electronic Media and Film minor. He is also an avid fan of the Washington Capitals.

As risk management director, Nick closely monitors content posted on social media by members of his fraternity. He also ensures that social events and community service efforts run smoothly. Alpha Sigma Phi supports the Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN).

Alpha Sigma Phi currently has over 70 members. Over 10 pledges joined during rush. In the future, Nick would like to pursue a social media director or secretary position on the executive board. 

Jai-Leen James is a senior at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with concentrations in Journalism & New Media while and minoring in Electronic Media and Film.  She aspires to have a career in broadcasting. In addition to being a contributing writer for Her Campus, Jai-Leen plays club field hockey and club women’s lacrosse. She is the Vice President of Towson's chapter of the National Broadcast Society and an active member of WMJF, the student-run television station on campus. When she’s not busy participating in her various activities, Jai-Leen enjoys eating, watching The Office, and going to music festivals. Follow her on Twitter! @j_james17