Campus Celebrity: Mary Crowe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Meet Mary Crowe. She’s on the executive cabinet of the Student Government Association. SGA is the organization that represents students as a whole from funding events like Tigerfest to taking part in administrative decision making.

Mary is the director of student groups here at Towson. Her job is to maintain all the student groups on campus, with the help of elected SGA senators. Previously, she was a justice.

Mary is from Howard Country in Maryland. She attended Centennial High School. Mary has always had an interested in student affairs. At Centennial, she was the vice president of SGA. She was also a member of the National Honor Society. Mary played field hockey — and was also a captain of her team — and ran track.

In high school, Mary was the treasurer of a club called Lines of Love. The group spread awareness about depression and suicide prevention.

Last spring, Mary worked with Trellis, an agency that works with autistic children. Every Thursday, Mary would pick up Miguel, a non-verbal autistic child, from school. She would play and assist him with his homework. She was welcomed into his family as she continued to work with him all summer.

Mary continues to play field hockey on the club team at TU. She is a special education major on a math track and would like to pursue a teaching career after she graduates next spring.

Jai-Leen James is a senior at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with concentrations in Journalism & New Media while and minoring in Electronic Media and Film.  She aspires to have a career in broadcasting. In addition to being a contributing writer for Her Campus, Jai-Leen plays club field hockey and club women’s lacrosse. She is the Vice President of Towson's chapter of the National Broadcast Society and an active member of WMJF, the student-run television station on campus. When she’s not busy participating in her various activities, Jai-Leen enjoys eating, watching The Office, and going to music festivals. Follow her on Twitter! @j_james17