Campus Celebrity: Liz Lane

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Elizabeth Lane! She is a biology major with a concentration on the functional study of animals. Liz is co-president of the pre-veterinarian club. She has been involved with the organization for three years. Last year, she was the vice president; now she’s stepped up to the plate and is in charge.

Liz says that she has always loved animals. She has four dogs at home! She got involved with the pre-vet club because she would like to attend veterinarian school once she graduates. The club’s main objective is to guide undergraduate students to take the right courses and other necessities to adhere to veterinarian school admission requirements. She advises other students interested in this track to study, study, study! Additionally, she encourages others to get involved on campus. Liz is also in the Biology Honors Society.

The club frequently hosts guest speakers from local clinics. As a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) leader on campus, Liz occasionally has breakfast with the Dean of the Fisher College of Science and Mathematics. If you’re interested in getting involved in this organization, there are various flyers posted around campus. Also, you can email towsonprevet@gmail.com for more information. Their next meeting is October 20th so mark your calendar! 

Jai-Leen James is a senior at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with concentrations in Journalism & New Media while and minoring in Electronic Media and Film.  She aspires to have a career in broadcasting. In addition to being a contributing writer for Her Campus, Jai-Leen plays club field hockey and club women’s lacrosse. She is the Vice President of Towson's chapter of the National Broadcast Society and an active member of WMJF, the student-run television station on campus. When she’s not busy participating in her various activities, Jai-Leen enjoys eating, watching The Office, and going to music festivals. Follow her on Twitter! @j_james17