unnamed?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
unnamed?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Too Faced
Style > Beauty

Camo Concealer: Yay or Nay?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Alright, so anyone who follows beauty gurus on YouTube has probably heard about e.l.f.’s new “Camo Concealer”. Big name YouTubers have tried it out and raved about it. 

The concealer comes in 18 shades with a decent shade range. Of course, there is still room for improvement for having more shades in the darker shade range. It supposedly is full coverage for up to 16 hours with a slightly matte finish. The price of this concealer is a whopping $5. That is a great price if it works, right?

Curious to find out how good the concealer was, I headed over to my local Ulta and went to the e.l.f. section. Clearly many people wanted to try it out too because there were only two shades left. Luckily, they had a shade–”Light Sand”–that was a close match to my skin color. So, I picked it up and went straight home to give it a try.

On first looks, it has a doe foot applicator similar to Tarte’s “Shape Tape” applicator, and smells like normal makeup. No paint-like smell or overly-floral smell. It was very full coverage and went on smoothly. It was matte, but not overly drying which was nice since I have dry skin. After applying the concealer, I added a thin layer of powder to my face. The first day, I wore it I went out to dinner and hung out with friends.  It wore very well and there was no creasing, it stayed in place all evening. The next day, I used it to cover my particularly red spots on my face before going to the gym. At the gym I did a high intensity circuit workout. Needless to say, there was lots of sweating. After the workout I looked to see how well the concealer had held up and was very pleased. There were some spots that had faded a little bit, but overall the spots I had covered were still covered.

I would definitely rate e.l.f.’s new “Camo Concealer” with a five-star rating. I hate spending lots of money on makeup, but I also hate makeup that doesn’t work well. E.l.f really knocked the ball out of the park on this one. Cheap and great coverage/wear. If you are on the look for a new concealer, I highly recommend trying this one.

Emma Stark

Towson '20

My name is Emma Stark and I am a junior at Towson University. My major is Mass Communication with a track in journalism and news media and a minor in business. I am originally from Tucson, Arizona. I adore dogs, reading, and art.
Her Campus

Towson '25