This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

by Deja Johnson

Black students at PWIs all tend to have very different experiences. Despite some being different and others being the same, they all have faced challenges due to the color of their skin. But I specifically want to focus on the support for black students who attend a PWI so they don’t feel alone as alone on campus. As mental health is not often heard in the black community, being able to talk about the support we can provide to help can make a huge change. The struggle is getting Black students to be more comfortable in saying how they feel, but also feel like that feeling matters to the people on the PWI campus. Ultimately what all students say and feel should matter to a university- no matter their color. Nobody is going to take that right away from us! But having that visible support helps them feel better mentally when it comes to showing up in a space surrounded by people who don’t look like them.

Deja Johnson

Towson '26

Hiii, I'm Deja and I'm so excited to apart of her campus platform and engaging with so many different people involved. I'm very interested into fashion and style especially when it comes fashion shows like vogue or even any award show. But also, I very interested blogs about fashion and she what the hot topic of the new season. To add I'm a aquarius and Im very interested learning other people zodiac signs.