Bilphena and Oumou Rally for Nigeria

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Almost three weeks ago, over 230 girls between the ages of sixteen and eighteen were abducted at gunpoint in Chibok, Nigeria. The families of the girls and the people of Nigeria have come together to protest. Despite the feckless governmental response, the Nigerian people created the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls.

TU students Bilphena Yahwon and Oumou Diallo have organized a rally called Bring Back Our Girls TU, to honor the lives of the young ladies and to stand in solidarity with the people of Nigeria. The rally will take place on Monday, May 12th at 5pm starting at Tiger Plaza.

If you can’t make it to the event and would like to contribute, you can sign this Change.org petition.

Cydney is a senior at Towson University majoring in English with a focus on writing. In addition to being President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Towson, she always writes fictional stories in her free time. Cydney spends a lot of time online shopping, on Netflix, dreaming of buying purses and reading a good book all while hunched over her handy dandy iPhone. After college Cydney plans to write her own books and to go to as many concerts as possible.