Best Dressed on the Oscars 2016 Red Carpet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

On February 28th, 2016, the 88th Academy Awards, also known as the Oscars, was held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California. The Oscars annually honors the best films of the year and its actors. Many stars flocked to the event in their best formal attire. Some went traditional, some took risks and  some stood out more than others. Here were some of my favorites of the night:

Kevin Hart and Eniko Parrish were definitely the best dressed couple on the red carpet. Eniko looked like a chic greek goddess in her black gown and simple black heeled sandals. She kept her hair and lips simple but opted for a smokey-eye that tied her look together.Kevin wore all black and looked so well put-together. To match the glossiness of the rhinestones along the trim of his tuxedo, he opted for patent leather shoes. It was a great call and they both looked amazing.

Olivia Munn dazzles in an orange gown on the red carpet. Olivia went for a bold color and pulled it off effortlessly. The one-shoulder and overlapping design added some flare to the solid form fitting gown. She went for a matching bold lip that tied the look together. Her bracelet was simple but definitely a beautiful statement piece. However, I do wish she chose to wear heeled sandals as opposed to the platform heels she wore but she looked so amazing that the shoes can be overlooked.

Saoirse Ronan changed the game with her sequined and see-through dress. She opted for two different colored earrings which is daring but surprisingly did not ruin the outfit. The green was a great pick for her fair skin tone and blue-gray eye color. The see-through was tasteful and fun. Her makeup was silver toned and complimented the sequins very well. All-in-all she looked amazing and was definitely one of my favorite looks of the night.

Eddie Redmayne looked dashing on the red carpet. He was definitely the best dressed male of the night. He paired a velvet tuxedo jacket with slim fit dress pants and velet loafers. The white dress shirt added a break to the different shades and textures of black he was wearing. He definitely put a very impressive modern twist on traditional formal attire. 

Priyanka Chopra completely owned the red carpet on Oscars night. She was the best dressed on the carpet. The white lace against her medium skin tone was absolutely stunning. The cut was extremely flattering and the belt helped show off her figure. Her hair was pulled back and her makeup was very warm toned. It all came together beautifully and I am looking forward to seeing more of her at future events! 

These were my picks for the best dressed stars on the red carpet at the 2016 Oscars, what are yours?

"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it." - Kevyn Aucoin ♡     Dominique Melton Dominique Melton is a student at Towson University studying Mass Communication with a track in Public Relations with a minor in Business Administration. She dreams to work in the fashion industry once she graduates, as she has not only a passion for writing but fashion as well.  Speaking of her passions she also loves: • live music • photography • singing • shopping • health/fitness   Fun facts about her include: • She's been to 151 concerts and listens to everything from rock to r&b, edm to alternative, indie to hip-hop, and blues to pop • She's a girl who can code! • She loves to learn which makes for great conversation • She is a massive One Direction fan and knows everything about them...literally everything • She learned how to play the piano and guitar by ear • She has performed at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.   You can follow her on Twitter here and Instagram here!
Her Campus

Towson '25