8 Shows to Watch on Netflix During Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

1.      The Following

Starring Kevin Bacon, “The Following” features Ryan Hardy, a former FBI agent, who is recalled to apprehend serial killer, Joe Carroll, who leads a murderous cult based on themes from Edgar Allan Poe’s literature. Just when you think Hardy and the FBI has finally found a way to put a halt to the madness, Carroll continues to add novels to his.

2.      Blackfish

This captivating documentary sheds light on the conversy on holding orca whales captive, specifically the history of Sea World’s alpha male orca Tilikum and his involvement in the death of three individuals.  

3.      Bob’s Burgers

This show is an animated series that follows Bob and his hilariously dysfunctional family as they attempt to make a living running a burger joint, but run into complications all along the way. Think of a less crude Family Guy.

4.      Friday Night Lights

There’s nothing more important in Texas than high school football. Coach Eric Taylor takes over as the head coach at Dillon High and attempts to lead the Lions to a state championship and transform foolish, teenage boys into mature, dedicated athletes.

5.      Freaks and Geeks

This 80’s themed teen drama features a star-studded cast. It showcases many famous celebs before their breakout roles as who we know them as today: Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jason Segel, and more! It centers mathlete-turned-badass Lindsay Weir as she attempts to survive high school.

6.      Once Upon A Time

In the fairytale town of Storybrooke, Maine, the citizens are based on fairytales, like Prince Charming and Snow White. The characters live in an unchanging existence and rely on bounty hunter, Emma Swan, to break the curse and restore their memories. Each episode reveals another piece of the puzzle.

7.      John Mulaney: New In Town

John Mulaney was formerly a writer on SNL and has his own sitcom on Fox self-titled, Mulaney. In this hilarious stand-up routine, Mulaney recalls his childhood, raised by Irish Catholic parents, in the suburbs of Chicago and his journey through adulthood.

8.      The Wolf Of Wall Street

This screenplays stars Leonardo DiCaprio, a New York stockbroker who runs a corrupt firm on Wall Street. DiCaprio won a Golden Globe for his leading role in the film. 

Jai-Leen James is a senior at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with concentrations in Journalism & New Media while and minoring in Electronic Media and Film.  She aspires to have a career in broadcasting. In addition to being a contributing writer for Her Campus, Jai-Leen plays club field hockey and club women’s lacrosse. She is the Vice President of Towson's chapter of the National Broadcast Society and an active member of WMJF, the student-run television station on campus. When she’s not busy participating in her various activities, Jai-Leen enjoys eating, watching The Office, and going to music festivals. Follow her on Twitter! @j_james17