8 Reasons to Love Spring at TU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Now that the warm weather has FINALLY decided to make it’s appearance, I’ve started to appreciate our wonderful school so much more. Spring semester means so many things for us all and here are some of what may be the greatest things about spring at TU.

1.     Cookouts. Every college student has two favorite words: free. food. And who doesn’t love good music?

2.     Enjoying a cold drink from the Starbucks in Cook. From Strawberries and Cream Frappes to Green Tea-Lemonades. Yum.

3.     Hanging out on the Beach. Whether you’re doing yoga or having a picnic with friends the beach is definitely the spot to hang. Right in the middle of campus where you will see almost everyone.

4.     Nice weather for a hike. It’s no secret that Towson is on a hill. So if walking to class is your exercise for the day. Own it! Enjoy the weather while you hike up that hill! 

5.     Free stuff in Freedom Square. From Rita’s to tshirts. Free stuff in Freedom Square never disappoints!

6.    Tanning on PacMan lawn. Grab your blanket and stretch out on the lawn between Paca and Tubman to soak up some sun. But don’t forget to put on that good ole’ SPF!

7.     TigerFest! Self-explanatory but I’ll still explain! Spring concerts are awesome. TigerFest is always a rager but just be careful not to cause yourself too much trouble.

8.     End of another year. Bittersweet I know, but the end of another school year means another year closer to graduation. And though we don’t want to get old, we have to prepare for the real world.

Erin is a Mass Communications student at Towson University studying Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations. She is the Editor-In-Chief, Campus Correspondent and President of Her Campus Towson. Erin has been writing for Her Campus Towson since fall 2011 and worked as an intern for Sister 2 Sister Magazine in summer 2013. She competed in the 2012 Miss Maryland USA pageant and has since done some print modeling as a hobby.