This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Here’s to a lot of time in our dorm room and apartments! We’re going to college during a strange time, but that doesn’t mean it has to always be stressful. Boost your mood and your study session with a few of these top-tier playlists available on Spotify.

Electro Swing by Spotify

Who knew there was an entire genre for electrified roaring 20’s hits? On this playlist are new 20’s-inspired hits, as well as remixes and samples of old pieces with a modern twist by artists like Caravan Palace and Parov Stelar. Put the vintage vibes we were all begging for back into 2020 with these swingin’ songs. 

All Out 60s by Spotify

Keep it groovy with this collection of rock ‘n’ roll, Motown, folk, surf rock, and flower power anthems. You can twist the day away with your roommates to songs from The Kinks, Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, Aretha Franklin, and The Turtles. This one is my personal favorite for jamming out while meal prepping!

Animal Crossing and Chill by GameChops

We know you wish you were hanging out on the island instead of writing an essay. Grab your notebooks and get ready to study to the lo-fi remixes of your favorite K. K. Slider hits and soundtrack songs! I’m sorry, did I just step into the Able Sisters? Oh, it’s just a playlist? Gotcha, gotcha.

The End of the F*ing World 1 & 2 by Boisterous Pop

If you’ve seen this show on Netflix, you’ve no doubt scribbled down a few songs to look up later. If not, have no fear! You’re still in for almost two hours of chill, summer-evening soundtrack music by artists such as Ricky Nelson, Bob Dylan, and Julie London. Your online semester won’t be the end of the world, but you can still embark on an audio road trip with James and Alyssa. Don’t worry, though. Things won’t get weird this time.

The Umbrella Academy – Season 1 & 2 by Netflix

It’s no secret that The Umbrella Academy has a killer soundtrack. We were all waiting for season 2 with bated breath and it delivered. Catch all your favorite songs from the show on one 3 hour and 44 minute playlist. You’ll find rock ‘n’ roll & rap hits, 60’s favorites, and catchy covers like The Interrupter’s ska version of Billie Eilish’s “bad guy”. I heard a rumor… that you loved it!

Life’s a Movie, You’re the Main Character by Ari Elkins

Need some feel-good jams that aren’t by Grouplove or Two Door Cinema Club (although we do love them so)?  Check out this collection of songs and start taking charge of this semester! From throwbacks like Neon Trees, Supergrass, and The Kooks to new faves like Labrinth, AJR, Colony House – you’ll be ready for the cameras to roll in no time!

It’s ALT Good! by Spotify

The 2000’s called – they said come check out this playlist! If you were an indie fiend back in the day, these are the modern alternative hits that you need to hear. Keep it low-key this semester with songs from COIN, The Griswolds, Saint Motel, and lovelytheband. Uhg, is it flannel season yet?

Senior at Towson University double-majoring in Electronic Media & Film and English. Published poet and photographer, co-president of Her Campus Towson, and literary columnist for The Towerlight at Towson. Studied abroad at Leeds Beckett University in Leeds, England. Filmmaker, writer, and houseplant mom.