5 Entertainers You Might Not Have Known Went To Towson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

At Her Campus Towson we love to inform you about the most interesting things that some of our students, faculty and graduates are doing, but did you know these five stars went to Towson? Read on for our picks for the top five entertainers you might not have known went to Towson.

Stacy Keibler

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Before she was known world wide as George Clooney’s latest girlfriend, Stacy was already up-in-coming in the entertainment industry for her work with World Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). She also appeared as a contestant on the second season of Dancing With The Stars. A native Baltimorean, Stacy was a Ravens cheerleader while she was studying mass communications at Towson.

Drew Van Acker

Image courtesy of Imdb.com

The actor, best known for his role as Jason DiLaurentis on Pretty Little Liars, attended Towson on a soccer scholarship. The New Jersey native left Towson to pursue an acting career full-time. His other television credits include Tower Prep, Greek and The Lake. He is currently filming the television movie Devious Maids.

Kevin Clash

Image courtesy of The Guardian

The voice of Elmo is not only a puppeteer, but an author and producer. He has been the voice of Elmo since 1983, but has voiced the characters Baby Sinclair, Clifford, Splinter and Hoots the Owl. Kevin grew up in Baltimore and was the subject of the 2011 documentary Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey. He autobiography, My Life as a Furry Red Monster: What Being Elmo Has Taught Me About Life, Love and Laughing Out Loud, came out in 2006.

Charles S. Dutton

Image courtesy of yalerep.org

Charles has performed in dozens of television shows and movies, perhaps best known for his role in the film Rudy and as the father of Eric Foreman on House. He also appeared in the film Secret Window and on the televisions shows The Practice, Without a Trace, The Sopranos and The L Word. After he graduated from Towson he earned a master’s degree in acting from the Yale School of Drama. He was born in Baltimore and still maintains a home in the area.

John Glover

Image courtesy of Imdb.com

The Smallville star actually attended Towson with our current President, Maravene Loeschke, who was a theatre major as well. Since his time at Towson, John has acted in dozens of television shows including Frasier and Brothers & Sisters, but he is best known for his role of Lionel Luthor on Smallville. He also appeared in the Broadway production of Waiting for Godot as “Lucky” for which he earned a Tony Award nomination for Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Play.  

Alexandra (Ali) Pannoni is a senior at Towson University majoring in journalism with a minor in theatre. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Her Campus Towson. As the Campus Celebrity columnist for Her Campus Towson, Ali has interviewed Country Music Superstar Chuck Wicks and Major League Baseball Player Casper Wells. In Spring 2012 she was an editorial intern with Baltimore magazine. Currently she is an intern for the nationally syndicated radio morning show, The Kane Show, heard locally on HOT 99.5 in Washington D.C. and Z104.3 in Baltimore.  You can view some of her published work for Baltimore magazine on her website. She loves reading magazines, (attempting) to run, and hanging out with friends and family.