This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Don’t worry, Darling went through its fair share of drama, from the speculations that Harry Styles spat on Chris Pine during the screening to the “screaming match”  between Florence Pugh and Olivia Wilde. Where to begin?

The speculations of the drama started with Pugh’s lack of promotion of the movie on her social media. This may be normal for some celebrities, but Pugh had posted a lot of content surrounding her other film, including Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, which is set to release on December 21, 2022. Meanwhile, the first Instagram post for Don’t Worry Darling was posted on August 11, merely days away from the release. 

Needless to say, this was enough for the internet to go on about their speculations. But, these allegations started becoming facts when sources on set confirmed that, apparently, Pugh was deeply uncomfortable with Styles and Wilde’s relationship while filming the movie. 

Sources said, “I can tell you for a fact that Flo seeing Olivia and Harry all over each other on set did not go down well as Olivia was still with Jason when she first hooked up with Harry. Such allegations for not taken lightly as apparently, Wilde was still together with Jason [Sudeikis].”

This has been well refuted. Other sources claimed that Sudeikis and Wilde were well broken up before the filming began.

I wish the drama stopped there, but in September 2022, Shia LaBeouf left the film’s production before Styles was recast as Jack Chambers. This all started when Wilde gave an interview with Variety stating, “He has a process that, in some ways, seems to require combative energy, and I don’t believe that is conducive to the best performances. I believe that creating a safe, trusting environment is the best way to get people to do their best work.”

“Ultimately, my responsibility is to the production and the cast to protect them. That was my job,” she continued.

LaBeouf has since then denied such allegations with proof! He stated, “Firing me never took place, Olivia. And while I fully understand the attractiveness of pushing that story because of the current social landscape, the social currency that brings. It is not the truth. So I am humbly asking, as a person with an eye toward making things right, that you correct the narrative as best you can. I hope none of this negatively affects you and that your film is successful in all the ways you want it to be.”

He further backed up his allegations by providing emails to Us Weekly that he claims to have exchanged.

The email read: “You and I both know the reasons for my exit. I quit your film because your actors and I couldn’t find time to rehearse.”

There has been a lot of talk of disagreements between Pugh and Wilde, especially when Pugh decided to skip the press day at The Venice Film Festival. This was due to her flight landing from Budapest after the photocall.

Wilde has since then talked about the allegations during the press conference at The Venice Film Festival. 

Whew! That was a lot of drama to uncover, but we aren’t done yet! Margaret, played by KiKi Layne and Ted Watkins, played by Ari’el Stachel, co-stars and partners, took to Instagram to post not-so-subtle shade after the movie’s release.

Layne posted a video with Stachel, in which the caption says, “The best thing about #DontWorryDarling is that I was lucky enough to meet @arielstachel. They cut us from most of the movie, but we thrive in real life. Love you Ari ❤️❤️❤️❤️.” KiKi captioned a video and pics from the set along with the *chef’s kiss* hashtags #GotMyCheck, #GotMyMan, and #EverythingHappensForAReason.”

Yikes!

Now, what is this movie even about? It is a psychological thriller starring Pugh and Styles playing love interests. The film also starred Wilde, Chris Pine and Gemma Chan in supporting roles. The filming started back in October 2020 and finished in February 2021. 

So, you are now caught up with the drama surrounding the movie Don’t Worry, Darling. 

Wait! Before you go, it turns out Styles did not spit on Pine. 

Styles and Pine’s rep team has since denied the “spitting” allegation. Pine’s rep said, “This is a ridiculous story—a complete fabrication and the result of an odd online illusion that is clearly deceiving and allows for foolish speculation. Just to be clear, Harry Styles did not spit on Chris Pine. There is nothing but respect between these two men, and any suggestion otherwise is a blatant attempt to create drama that simply does not exist.”

As for Styles, he joked about it on stage at Madison Square Garden, New York. 

I would consider this a bit of a roller coaster, but can we actually tell what is the truth and what is not? Can we even tell if this is the end of the drama? If it’s not, see you soon!

Ishitaa Chopra is an author, writer, poet and model. She is a mental-health activist and enjoys computer programming. She is also a self-proclaimed Marvel enthusiast. She spends most of her time binging TV shows.