Gift Guide Including a photo of the Leatherology Business Card Case, the Bellroy Tech Kit, Moleskine Smart Writing Set, the Courant Catch 3: Essentials, the Matt & Nat Canci Tote Bag and the Cora Standing Desk Converter.
Photos by Leatherology, Bellroy, Moleskine, Courant, Matt & Nat, Fully / Design by Kristen Case
Career > Her20s

The Gifts that Keep Giving: 15 Holiday Gifts that are Career Investments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Struggling to find the perfect gift for the student or new grad in your life? Invest in your loved ones’ career goals this holiday season! This thoughtfully curated gift guide includes gifts that not only they deserve, but will actually use and appreciate. From educational courses and subscriptions to tech and tech accessories, office must-haves and more, you will find something for every academia-obsessed student, aspiring entrepreneur and working woman. There is nothing more meaningful than a gift that helps the people you love achieve their goals and dreams.

Subscriptions

FOR the girlboss: monday girl social club subscription

A subscription for The Monday Girl Social Club is the ultimate gift for any woman beginning her career or working to advance in it. The exclusive membership gives access to tools, connections and insider secrets to help women succeed. For $16.50 / month, members can access networking and mentorship opportunities, private events, workshops, video courses and a members-only Slack group.

Social-Club-Home-Page
MONDAY GIRL

FOR THE LIFELONG LEARNER: AUDIBLE MEMBERSHIP

Want to know the habit successful people have in common? Reading. They believe that knowledge is the key to success and books are a gateway to that knowledge. An Audible Gift membership is the ideal gift for those who love to learn but lack the time to read. The Gift membership provides access to the Audible Plus Catalog of Audible Originals, podcasts and audiobooks, as well as one monthly credit for any title to download and keep.

Courses

FOR THE INFLUENCER in training: MIND YOUR BUSINESS 1.0 by nitsan raiter

Mind Your Business is the ultimate creator crash course for anyone who wants to turn their social media into their business and become their own boss. Founder, CEO and influencer, Nitsan Raiter shares all the information that aspiring influencers need to build their personal brand and secure brand partnerships. With a month off for Christmas Break and reading week in February, it is the perfect time to start MYB to land partnerships and brand collabs by Spring.

Black-Wide-Polaroid-Your-Story
MIND YOUR BUSINESS

for the aspiring entrepreneur: How tf do i start? course from the founders of 437

For women aspiring to be their own boss one day, it is important to learn from successful female entrepreneurs. “How TF Do I Start?” by Hyla Nayeri and Adrien Bettio is a crash course on building your own business, sharing insight from the two best friends experience building their multimillion dollar business and landing on the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list. Being so young and attending a popular university in Ontario to having great success makes them the perfect relatable but aspirational role models to young women with big dreams. 

Desktop-Landing-Page01
HOW TF

Tech

FOR THE PRODUCTIVITY PRO: iPAD

Bigger than an iPhone and more portable than a laptop, iPads are the ideal productivity tool for students and employees. They’re smaller, lighter and fit perfectly in most backpacks and bags. They can connect to an external mouse and keyboards, making them comfortable to use. Just as capable as full-size computers, the artist can use it to draw, the journalist can write, the student can study, the team member can collaborate, the vlogger can edit, and the podcaster can record or just watch Netflix. An overall multifaceted gift!

New-2017-i-Pad-Pro-s
iPad

FOR THE ONE THAT WON’T GIVE UP PEN AND PAPER: MOLESKIN SMART WRITING SET

We all know writing notes by hand allows for better retention of the material but writing in notebooks that get lost and damaged is inconvenient. For anyone who can’t seem to give up pen and paper, the Moleskine Smart Writing Set is the perfect solution. The Smart Notebook and Pen allow you to write, with an instant digital copy of every page uploaded to the Moleskine Notes App. Combining handwriting with the convenience of digital sharing, editing and browsing. A great gift overall!

Screen-Shot-2022-11-30-at-4-38-58-PM
MILLIGRAM

FOR THE ONE WHO IS ALWAYS ON LOW BATTERY: COURANT CATCH 3: ESSENTIALS

You will never forget to charge your devices at night again with this wireless charging tray. The multi-purpose tray allows you to charge your iPhone, Airpods or Apple Watch. Combining style and functionality it also provides space for other essentials, such as your keys, wallet, jewelry or lip balm. The Catch 3: Essentials is wrapped in a fine Belgian linen while the Catch 3: Classic, in Italian-sourced leather. Both elegant designs make a wonderful addition to any side table. To personalize the gift you can even add a monogram.

CT-VM-Essentials-Catch3-Propped-Charcoal-Gray-Background-Product-01-Web-1-900x
COURANT

Tech Accessories

For the organizer: Bellroy Tech Kit

Gone are the days of running around with loose cords and Airpods lost in the bottom of your tote bag or briefcase. The Bellroy Tech Kit allows you to keep your tech accessories organized and in one place. The generously sized kit fits a phone charger, a laptop charger, Airpods, a USB, a computer mouse and more. 

9
BELLROY

FOR THE STYLISH AND SUSTAINABLE: MATT & NAT CANCI VEGAN TOTE BAG

A good quality tote bag is essential for any student or working woman to stay organized. This vegan leather tote bag crafted with 100% sustainable materials is the perfect bag to gift a friend or yourself! It is a north/south tote with five compartments, allowing you to store your laptop, wallet, smartphone and pens safely. Available in black, brown and green, this stylish tote will elevate any outfit.

FW22-Purity-Canci-Black-2-1445x
MATT & NAT

FOR THE REMOTE WORKER: FULLy cora standing desk converter

Anyone who works from home will appreciate this adjustable laptop stand. It can be used to work in bed, on the couch comfortably or convert your desk into a standing desk. As we all know, working from home can make you a little stir-crazy. This device allows you to stretch your legs and move around your house to create comfortable workstations in different spots. 

Fully-Cora-Standing-Desk-Converter-01-1200x900
FULLY

FOR THE FUNCTIONAL AND MINIMAL DESIGN LOVER: LEATHEROLOGY MODErn desk pad

Work from anywhere with this chic and sophisticated desk pad. The slim, lightweight and non-slip leather pad is easy to roll up and take on the go and makes any workspace more aesthetically pleasing. To make this gift even more special you can get your loved ones’ name or initials embossed or hand-painted on the pad.

Screen-Shot-2022-11-30-at-2-33-29-PM
LEATHEROLOGY

Office

For the networker: LEATHEROLOGY Business card case

Having business cards on hand is useful for anyone who is looking to build relationships with potential customers, clients or professionals in their industry. This high-quality business card holder comfortably fits 20 business cards, keeping them safe, clean and secure in its solid leather structure. The sophisticated and optional personalization is bound to impress and make a great first impression.

71-Kw-CU0-NPJL-AC-SL1500
LEATHEROLOGY

FOR THE EASILY DISTRACTED: ORGANICE HOURGLASS SAND TIMER

This elegant set of hourglass sand timers adds sophistication to any WFH office set-up. The 30 minute and five minute timers help manage time efficiently, improve productivity and stay on track to achieve goals. This is a helpful gift for anyone who tends to get lost in their work and lose track of time.

81c-FMrn-Cn-XL-AC-SL1500
AMAZON

Other

FOR THE LINKEDIN NETWORKER: SELf-portrait session

For any professional, having good-quality headshots is crucial. Almost every recruiter or hiring manager looks to LinkedIn to get to know an applicant. An awkward selfie or poor-quality portrait does not make a good first impression. Monography is a self-portrait studio where you can take your own professional headshots using their space and equipment. Gift Cards for $70 will give your loved one 25 minutes in the studio and take their professional profiles to the next level. 

bf5a2dda-edb1-47da-8a19-bc277e42a253
MONOGRAPHY

For the Freelancer/Blogger: Domain Name

Registering a domain name for the freelancer or aspiring blogger in your life is an extremely thoughtful and unique gift idea. There are multiple ways you can do this through GoDaddy Inc, Google Domains, Namecheap or Hover.

Kristen Case

Toronto MU '23

Kristen is a fourth-year Creative Industries student at Toronto Metropolitan University where she majors in fashion and publishing. With dreams of working in digital marketing, branding, public relations or publishing, Kristen is excited to be part of the social media and writing team at Her Campus TMU. You can find her working on her upcoming stories or planning her social feeds at the most aesthetic cafés on campus.