‘Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour’ Review

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour is filled with enthusiastic fans.

Like Swift’s song “Look What You Made Me Do,” the sold-out tour “made” the singer release the next best thing: Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour

Only a queen like Swift could pull off coming out with a movie nearly three hours long. 

The recorded performance features songs from her last 10 albums, such as “All Too Well (the 10-minute version), “Bad Blood,” “Enchanted,” and much more.

She exceeded expectations with a grandiose stage presence and drastic transformations between albums. 

The most memorable transition was when she jumped off the stage onto a water floor to shift into the Midnights album era. 

Taylor iconically came out of the water wearing a lavender-coloured dress. Her dancers held lavender for her performance of — you guessed it — “Lavender Haze.”

Throughout the entire show, we can see the reason for the kindness that resonates through her personality and actions. She made the concert feel so personal and special — like when she gave her hat to a little girl during the Red era. 

She also interacted with her backup dancers and thanked them, the vocalists, the band and everyone participating in her performance. 

As much as the concert was made to enjoy singing and dancing along, people even laughed as one of her backup dancers screamed, “We are never getting back together.”

The movie is exactly what you would expect from her live concert: people cheering, clapping, singing and dancing together as they exchange friendship bracelets.

Theatres such as Cineplex contributed to this positive energy by encouraging fans to wear Eras attire and friendship bracelets.

Despite what seemed like a few partners forced into attending the movie, they seemed to enjoy themselves just as much as the original Swiftie!

So, for those who aren’t necessarily Swifties, this movie might convince you otherwise! 

Movie-goer Jarrett Plyley confessed that it took him a while to enjoy Taylor Swift’s songs. However, he became “obsessed immediately” after viewing the movie. This one-of-a-kind experience encouraged him to go to great lengths to see the nearly sold-out performance. 

“Within 15 minutes [of the movie], I booked a ticket to the Scotland show,” said Plyley.

Whether you’re a Swiftie or not, the Eras Tour movie is a must-see! 

I'm a second-year Journalism student passionate about fashion, women's rights, wellness, film and the arts & culture! I've written in previous campus publications such as CanCulture, the Eyeopener, and the Society of the Creative School. I have also done some social media work with StyleCircle and the Tall Chair, as well as my summer job at the Ottawa Music Industry Coalition as a social media manager. I love to dress according to how I feel each day! Most of the time, it has to be a slay because every day is a fashion show and the world truly is our runway, as per the famous quote. My identity has always been surrounded by fashion, the arts, and my culture. For reference, I'm French Canadian and Gujurati. Can't wait to write with Her Campus! Yooopidoodles! :)