Must-have Chrome Extensions for the Average Zoom University Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Going from in-person to online classes is not easy and adjusting to a new way of doing things can take a long time. Here are some chrome extensions that you can download to help make that adjustment a little easier.

Momentum

Momentum is an organizational application that replaces the new tab page with a personal dashboard featuring to-do lists, weather, and inspiration.

Get inspired with a daily photo and quote, set a daily focus, and track your to-dos. Eliminate distractions and beat procrastination with a reminder of your focus for the day on every new tab. 

Night Shift Redux

Pulling all nighters while staring at that bright light on your laptop is definitely not good for your eyes. Night Shift Redux automatically shifts the colors of your browser content to the warmer end of the color spectrum after dark, keeping you and your eyes prepared for more online reading.

Weava Highlighter- PDF and web

This extension allows you to highlight and make notes on any website or pdf. You can organize all your research articles in one place, because we all know having 30 tabs open is not good for anyone’s mental health. 

Coffeelings

School can get a little overwhelming and it’s easy to forget about your own mental health. But coffeelings is a chrome extension that’s like a mood journal tucked away on your computer! Use it to track your mood or type away your thoughts. Plus, you get to enjoy the cute coffee theme!

Text to Speech

This specific extension makes reading long online articles more fun by phrasing them and playing them back as a podcast. You can easily listen to your readings while cleaning your room, painting your nails or even doing your laundry!

Prapti Bamaniya

Toronto MU '23

Prapti is a second year journalism student at Ryerson, and loves to write about news, lifestyle, and fashion. Her name is as unique as her experiences. She is an aspiring journalist and when she's not writing articles, she's probably reading a book, or rewatching New Girl for the hundredth time.
Zainab is a 4th-year journalism student from Dubai, UAE who is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Ryerson. When she's not taking photos for her Instagram or petting dogs on the street, she's probably watching a rom-com on Netflix or journaling! Zainab loves The Bold Type and would love to work for a magazine in New York City someday! Zainab is a feminist and fierce advocate against social injustice - she hopes to use her platform and writing to create change in the world, one article at a time.