This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Ever wondered what makes a “Kate Moss”? Well look no further, here’s A 10 step guide to being Kate Moss! 

1. First, you must realize that nobody can actually be Kate Moss. To aspire to look just like her in any aspect is neither the intent or objective of this guide. Rather, the idea is to embody Kate Moss, or in other words, bring out your inner Kate Moss.

2. “Retro-fy” yourself. Discovered in the late 80s, English super model Kate Moss is the epitome of the Retro style, having taken much of her fashion inspiration at the time from rock stars such as Mick Jagger. Graphic tees and animal prints are two of Kate’s retro signatures, as well as feminine looks with a tinge of Tom Boy.

3. Be Silly. Kate Moss is admired widely for her positive energy. She’s the OG party girl who always finds time to have fun, even when she’s working. She’s often quoted saying that her mother used to tell her that you can’t always have fun and she’d reply, “why”?  

4. Own your body. Google Kate Moss and for every 20 clothed photos, you’ll find at least a couple nude ones. That’s because Kate is extremely comfortable with her own body and expresses this very clearly through her style, the natural beauty of nudity. Translucent shirts and dresses are another one of Kate’s signatures so #freethenipple.

5. Elegant but Edgy. Kate’s outfits are always classy but they never fail to show that she’s a woman not to be messed with. She’s more than just a pretty face. She’s a pretty girl with a lot of attitude. 

6. Be Comfortable. When you’re comfortable in what you’re wearing, you can go about your day in style without giving it a second thought.  

7. Natural Glow. Part of Kate’s confidence is her acceptance of her natural beauty. She doesn’t wear a lot of makeup and knows how to keep her look simple. Some of her go tos are regular facials to keep her skin in good health, a combination of bronzer and highlights to contour her natural cheekbones and when going out, either a Smokey eye or bold lip (but never both). Remember the key to embodying Kate’s natural look isn’t to mimic her cheekbones if you don’t have them but rather to accentuate your own best feature, whether that’s your eyes, lips, eyebrows, etc. 

8. Sparkle. From clothing to jewels, Kate all around sparkles, and not just when she’s going out. Embrace your inner Kate Moss by always toting a little bit of your own sparkle, even if nobody else can see it. 

9. Dance your heart out. Like all party girls, Kate loves music. She’s a born rocker of the 80s and can always find the energy to dance, whether that means jumping around at home, spinning elegantly at a ball or head banging front row at a concert. Whatever the song, Kate finds herself in the centre of the dance floor. 

10. Love passionately. To truly embody the spirit of Kate Moss, you have to put genuine energy into everything you do. So party like a mad woman, dance like nobody is watching, strut like you’re on a runway and kiss like it’s the last time you’ll ever kiss someone. 

Embrace your own personal Kate Moss and tweet your looks @HCRyerson or tag us in them on our instagram @hercampusryerson!

Ryerson Journalism Student and Blogger living in Toronto. earthtoemma.weebly.com
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.