Style > Beauty

Don’t sleep on these 5 hydrating lip products

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

I am very fond of hydrating lip products and have tried many over the years. I like lightweight formulas, a non-sticky feeling and, of course, plenty of hydration. I also enjoy clear, tinted and pigmented colours.

Below, you will find some amazing hydrating lip products that I don’t see enough hype around. 

Vitamin E Oil

I have used Vitamin E oil to moisturize my lips for years. I’m always surprised it’s not talked about more. It’s on the thicker and stickier side, but I think it’s worth it because it’s incredibly moisturizing and leaves your lips with the most beautiful plump, glossy look.

Healthline states this vitamin “promotes cell turnover and regeneration,” so using it on dry lips can bring new cells to the surface more quickly. 

Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Oil, $11

This product offers a beautiful, sheer colour with a lightweight, hydrating formula. It leaves a shiny finish without being too sticky. I also like the applicator; it’s like a small paintbrush that is satisfying to use and gives you more precision when applying.

I haven’t experienced this, but some reviews say that the twister dial dispenser can stop working, so beware of that when purchasing.

Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm, $25 

This is my favourite lip balm. It feels so nice on the lips and leaves a clear gloss that really flatters your natural lip colour. This product is perfect for dry lips. You only need the tiniest amount as it sinks into your lips, hydrating and leaving them feeling soft afterward.

Marcelle Lux Gloss, $13

I enjoy the smooth and comfortable formula of this gloss. The colours are really pretty and pigmented. I find that it leaves my lips looking plumper and doesn’t need constant reapplication. It has a particularly lightweight formula that isn’t gloopy like in many glosses. 

Lancome Juicy Tubes Original Lipgloss, $32

In the 2000s, Lancome Juicy Tubes were huge. But if I’m not mistaken, I haven’t seen them around too much lately. I just purchased a clear one, and I love it so much. It’s super moisturizing and feels great on the lips. The jelly-like consistency is really satisfying. It also leaves my lips looking full and plump and pairs well over any lip colour or liner outline.

With so many lip items on the market, knowing where to start and what products to try can be hard. I hope this list helps you find your new favourite lip product!

👄 Related: TESTING VIRAL LIP PRODUCTS – DO THEY LIVE UP TO THE HYPE?
Sakina Chaudary

Toronto MU '24

Fourth year journalism student based in Toronto.