9 Best Spots To Visit When On A Solo Female Trip In Dubai

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.
  1. Jumeirah Beach

Jumeirah beach is a great way to spend the day in Dubai and soak up some rays. This free public beach is very clean and safe. It also has a long boardwalk stretching from one end to the other, where you can stop for a bite at its many amazing cafes and restaurants. If you happen to go, book a reservation at Dream Dubai. This Mediterranean bar has live music and dancing shows — the experience is a 10/10. There is even a daily drone light show which happens every night that I highly recommend. 

1. Aura Sky Pool Bar

This is by far my FAVOURITE spot in Dubai. If you are looking for a more elevated and luxurious way to take a dip, look no further. This gorgeous rooftop bar sits 78 floors high and is the world’s highest infinity pool. With 365 degree views of landmarks such as The Palms, Burj al Arab and the Burj Khalifa, this place is hands down worth the visit. They even have delicious eats and some very Instagrammable views. Perfect for some alone time lounging, tanning and reading a book. 

1. Palazzo Versace Hotel Pool

The Palazzo Versace hotel is a gorgeous property with a very serene and classy atmosphere. Many famous figures and sheikhs have visited this luxurious property, and it is easy to see why! The interior is inspired by Versace himself, with most of the interior bleeding red and gold accents. The exterior includes three stunning pools you can choose from, or you could even switch between each pool throughout the day. The service here is 10/10 and will leave you feeling like royalty. Another plus is that ladies only pay 100 AED for entry which is used as a credit that can be spent on food and drinks. 

1. Zero Gravity

Zero Gravity can be such a steal when they have their “Ladies’ Day” every Tuesday and Thursday. This means on Tuesdays, women get free entry and a complimentary welcome beverage and on Thursdays, pay 99 AED for entry with unlimited wine and cocktails. The entry also includes access to facilities such as the glass-fronted infinity pool, private beach, tanning beds and change rooms, as well as a free beach yoga class from 9:30-10:30 AM. The property has views of the Dubai Eye and a DJ that plays great tunes. And if this isn’t enough, the change rooms are spotless with an in-house assistant, full body mirrors, fresh towels and toiletries, hair products and a hair dryer! 

5. Koko Bay

Koko Bay is located on the famous Palm itself. This beautiful stretch of sand brings a very exotic and tropical vibe to the beach. With amazing food and drinks featuring unique cocktails and fresh seafood, it will be an enjoyable experience. The restaurant has good music and is scattered with cute Instagram spots, including a swing, backdrop board and bean bags. They even have hammocks for you to enjoy the sunsets from there, which are breathtaking.

6. Burj Khalifa At The Top (Fountain)

If you visit Dubai and do not stop at the world’s tallest building, you are missing out! The Burj Khalifa is an amazing way to spend a few hours, no matter what time of the day. You can visit floors 124, 125 and 148. Once again, this is a great way to get some breathtaking pictures. This is an amazing place if you are travelling alone, as all you need is to stand back and let yourself feel like you’re on top of the world. You can even add the dancing fountain boat ride onto your ticket. 

1. Nammos

Nammos is a hidden gem inspired by the works of Christian Dior. This palpable place has a booming atmosphere with chic vibes and mouth-watering food. Located right by the beach, Nammos has indoor and outdoor seating with either a dining experience or an outdoor lounge. The lounge outside offers food, drinks and shisha. It is the perfect spot whether you’re alone or with people. Nammos also boasts two Dior shops right on the beach for those who want to drop an additional bag on the experience. 

1. The Dubai Mall

This shopping centre is not only huge, glamorous and safe, but also the biggest mall in the world (sensing a pattern here?). It is a must-visit for shopping as there are over 1,200 stores ranging from luxurious, big-name brands to more traditional Arabian shops. In fact, there is a whole section dedicated to each category. The mall opens early in the morning and closes at around midnight daily. 

1. The Gold and Spice Souk

Souks are a really special way to indulge in the culture here. You can get various items like clothes, spices, perfumes and even jewellery. Bring cash, as it will give you leeway to barter with store vendors. Ladies should go during the day as there aren’t as many women at night, but it is still a very safe place at all hours. Just make sure to respect the dress code of souks: long pants, no tummy or bare shoulders.

Prisha Dev

Toronto MU '25

Prisha is a journalism student who loves writing, travelling, sports, fashion and of course coffee!! She has written for numerous publications varying on many topics. Check out her Instagram for more content @prishadev