This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

With so many hair products available in the market, it can be hard to sift through the masses and figure out what to use. I have tried tons and have narrowed down my favourite selection to include these five items:

1. Dyson Airwrap

The Dyson Airwrap is a fantastic hair tool. It comes with various attachments that can all individually or collectively create beautiful hairstyles. It comes with smoothing brushes, a volumizing brush, a hairdryer and some curling barrels. My favourite attachments are the Airwrap barrels that form curls or waves in your hair. This tool uses hot or cool air technology to style, leaving my hair looking and feeling great. 

2. Claw Clips

Claw clips function as a cute and easy way to put your hair up. I find they do not tug at my hair as much as traditional hair ties do, which can prevent breakage. They also look pretty when styled in a half-up half-down hairdo, with a claw clip pulling the top section of your hair back. Drawing a few face-framing strands of hair with any claw clip hairstyle can be used to achieve a cute and effortless look. Claw clips come in various designs, sizes, and patterns to suit your style preferences.

3. Castor Oil

I like to use castor oil as a moisturizing hair mask. I apply it to my hair and leave it in for roughly 30 minutes before I rinse it out with shampoo. After completing this treatment, I find that my hair looks healthier, sleeker and more hydrated. Please do your own research before using castor oil, as it may not be suitable for everyone’s hair type or needs.

4. Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector

Olaplex is a renowned brand that sells a range of hair products. One of my favourites from their selection is Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector. This product is used before shampooing and helps reduce breakage and repair damaged hair. After using this product, I find that my hair looks and feels healthier. Note, a little goes a long way!

5. Microfiber Hair Towel

Having a microfiber hair towel on hand is a must for me. During my haircare routine, I remove tangles from my hair while still wet and then put on a microfiber hair towel. After that, I get ready for the day and leave styling my hair for the end. It is very convenient to wear during this process because it keeps my wet hair out of the way while drying it to a certain degree, so I’m left with ready-to-style damp hair.

The products listed above have made my hair look and feel so much better. If you try any of them out, I hope you like them as much as I do!

👩‍🦱 Related: 5 Hair Products for Redefining Curly Hair
Sakina Chaudary

Toronto MU '24

Fourth year journalism student based in Toronto.