This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

As many of you have seen and heard, Kali Uchis released her fourth studio album, Orquídeas, on January 12th. For those of you who haven’t listened to it yet, I’m sure you’ve caught glimpses of the Peso Pluma snippet from the music video all over TikTok (iykyk). With Orquídeas gaining well-deserved recognition and love, let’s take a moment to celebrate Kali Uchi’s discography.

Por Vida

You’re into the classics. The enchanting, nostalgic vibes of this EP resonate with you, and you approach life with an easygoing, present-focused demeanor. Every moment is precious to you, and you reveal the joy of living your life to the fullest. 

Sin Mideo (del Amor y Otros Demonios)

You have taste, and just like the album title says, you’re going by with ‘no fear’. You radiate that confidence everyone wants and have complete ownership of yourself. 

Isolation

If this is your favorite album, I know you make it known that it’s your favorite album, and I don’t blame you. Just like the album, you’re self-reflecting to be the best version of yourself. With the variety of songs from Dead to Me to After the Storm (Ft. Bootsy Collins & Tyler, The Creator), you’re going through all your eras – as you should!

Red Moon In Venus

You’re in your healing era. I don’t know who hurt you but you’re going through all the stages of heartbreak, love, and all of the above. You’re teaching yourself how to love again, whether that be acceptance like I Wish You Roses or in a relationship like All Mine, I’m so happy for you!

Orquídeas

You’re living your best life. I just know you’re relating so hard to these lyrics and all your manifestations are coming true. You’re also in your senora era. I know Te Mata makes you feel like the main character of a novela. Personally, my kids are going to be waking up to Igual Que Un Angel (with Peso Pluma) at 9 am on a Saturday.

Hi, I'm Natalia (she/her), a second-year student majoring in Mexican American Latina/o Studies with a minor in Law, Justice, and Society at the University of Texas at Austin! My articles cover a wide range of interests, from fashion and concerts to a deep commitment to activism and social justice. Eager to explore a broad spectrum of topics, I aim to touch on everything from beauty and culture to the important issues that shape our world. I hope my writing serves as a platform to create a safe space and shed light on mental health challenges and political complexities faced by individuals from diverse backgrounds.