A Week of Colder Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

We Longhorns can handle a lot. We know how to handle three tests on the same day. We know how to handle looking cute on 100-degree game days. We know how to handle getting to class in ten minutes when it takes a normal person twenty. However, if there’s one thing we don’t know how to handle, it’s the cold.It’s late October, which means fall is finally here (fingers crossed it stays). But the moment the weather drops below 70, we start getting a little nervous. What do you wear when you aren’t going to be drenched in sweat by 11 o’clock?! We’re no strangers to the struggle of living in an eternal summer, but these short winters can be harsh.

That’s where our good friend, Pinterest, steps in. Here’s a school week of fall outfit inspiration to help you handle the colder days.

MONDAY: A denim jacket is a great way to keep warm in the mornings and cool in the afternoon. If it gets warmer, just tie it around your waist! A simple tee, cute booties, ponytail and statement sunglasses will pull it together effortlessly.  

TUESDAY: A pair of cool grey jeans will give a little edge to your wardrobe. Pair it with a comfy pullover (because fashion doesn’t always mean sacrificing comfort.)

WEDNESDAY: I don’t know about you but nothing makes “hump day” feel less like “hump day” than when I dress up. If you’re looking for something to get you over the mid-week blues, try a chic leather skirt with a long sleeve black button up to keep you warm. Pair with your favorite sneakers to keep it casual.

THURSDAY: So close to the weekend and you’re looking for cozy. Pull on a sweater, layer up with a grey cardi, roll the ends of your favorite jeans and slide on your worn out converse. Nothing like it!

FRIDAY: You’ve made it. Just one last freezing 8AM and then you can go curl up in bed again. Let’s be honest, we both didn’t have time to shower last night, so pull on a cute beanie to hide your hair. A cool black jacket, black jeans and some comfy booties will keep you looking like you’ve got enough sleep this week (even though you didn’t.)

Juliet is in her third year at the University of Texas. She's passionate about Texas football, dogs, Harry Potter and changing the world.