Valentine’s Day Date Ideas in Austin (for your S/O or besties!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

February 14th is either a date you look forward to or not, and trust me, I was single for 18 years so I get the dread that comes around every year where all you see are cute couples buying each other stuffies, chocolate, and flowers. And may I say that being a hopeless romantic never helped. Nonetheless, I’ve now been dating my amazing boyfriend for almost two years, and while planning our date night, decided to write a list of things you can do with your friends and of course, your partner. 

1. Go to a yoga class together. I really like CorePower or Black Swan!
  2. Order takeout and have a movie night! Pizza, wings, and a favorite rom-com will hit the spot. 
  3. Visit De Nada Cantina for the best margaritas, blue corn tacos, and chips & queso. You won’t regret it.
  4. Have a picnic at Zilker. Go to Trader Joe’s for all your charcuterie needs, they got you.
  5. Take a walk around South Congress, a little shopping never hurt. Maybe stop by Amy’s ice cream for a scoop of Mexican Vanilla.
  6. Go to Mount Bonnell to watch the sunset… maybe bring food too!
  7. Have a spa day, a couple (or bestie) massage perhaps? You’re stressed, I’m stressed, let’s relax.
  8. Grab some paint and a bottle of wine for an artsy night. A little Painting with a Twist moment. 
  9. Go to a museum. This is a great way to admire some art, walk around and get some quality time in.

Whether you try any of these activities or you already have a day planned, I hope Valentine’s Day in 2023 allows you to love yourself, your significant other, and your best friends <3

Hi! My name is Valentina Avellaneda and I'm a sophomore social work major from Houston, TX. I went to a performing and visual arts high school, where I found my passion for creative writing (including poetry, creative nonfiction, journalism, etc.) I have pieces published on the Interlochen Review, Teen Ink Magazine and the New York Times. In my free time, I like to spend time with my cat, Cookie, practice hot yoga and try matcha lattes with my friends!