Medicine cabinet packed full of skincare products
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

Top 5: K-beauty skincare products you need this fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

The season’s changed which means soon it will be that dreaded time of the year for your skin. So how can one avoid the inevitable dry, flaky skin…? Well, Korea has the answer; their innovative skincare industry provides luxury care at a fraction of the cost. Here are five k-beauty items you need to keep your skin glowing this fall.

COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream SPF50 PA+++

Just because the sun is setting earlier does not mean your skin isn’t affected. If you’re someone who doesn’t like sunscreen because of the greasy feeling, this one is for you. Its ingredients list guarantees a lightweight feel-perfect for wearing under makeup. This sunscreen is one of my personal favorites because it doesn’t leave a white cast on the skin meaning you won’t go around looking like Casper all day. If you are someone with extremely volatile skin this sunscreen may need to be tested on a small patch of skin first because it does contain some mild fragrance.

Etude Soon Jung 2x Barrier Intensive Cream

Etude House is known for its cost-effective products, and its Soon Jung skincare line is no exception. This lotion is extra thick and perfect for areas prone to extreme dryness. Just a dime-sized amount is all you need to cover your entire face, and you’ll be protected against the elements for the whole day. One of the best things about this cream is that it’s great for sensitive skin; it contains no common irritants such as fragrance, artificial colors, or parabens that will clog the pores. If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative to heavy facial cream, look no further.

The face Shop Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil

If you’re someone who is still removing their makeup with a makeup wipe, stop for the sake of your skin. Not only are makeup wipes irritating to the skin, but they’re also extremely drying (the exact opposite of what you want this summer). Instead, think about switching to cleansing oil, The Face Shop’s rice water bright light cleansing oil is one of my favorites. Don’t let the name fool you, cleansing oils won’t leave your face leaving oily. These oils do a fantastic job of breaking down your makeup without any scrubbing or pulling. For the best results use an oil cleanser to remove makeup or sunscreen and then follow with a gentle foaming cleanser to make sure there’s nothing left behind in the pores.

Frudia Blueberry Hydrating Honey Lip Balm

It’s true that I’m a sucker for cute packaging, and this lip balm definitely delivers on that end. However, the main reason this product has ended up on this list is because it has saved my lips from total destruction more times than I can count. We all know one of the worst parts of colder weather is the constant state of chapped lips, so let me introduce you to Frudia’s Blueberry Hydrating Honey Lip Balm. Not only is this lip balm well-priced, but it also contains-as the name may imply-blueberry and honey extracts to nourish lips. While nourishing the lips, it also provides gentle exfoliation that revitalizes the lips getting rid of the chalky, cracked look. In my experience, the best way to use this product is to apply it at night before bed, and in the morning after eating in order to keep it on as long as possible. It’s also small enough to throw into a tote or backpack before heading to class, so you can keep it conveniently on hand.

Laneige Cream Skin Refiner

Laneige’s Cream Skin Refiner is a toner that works to revitalize the skin. The consistency of this toner is light and creamy and unlike some toners, does not act as an astringent (I’m looking at you Clean & Clear). The main ingredient in this toner is white tea leaf water which contains lots of amino acids to strengthen and replenish proteins in the skin. While I would argue that this toner is amazing year-round, I especially love it in the fall because it provides immediate relief to dry skin by soothing the burning sensation we often encounter with dry skin. Additionally, this toner works to rebuild and fix the skin barrier which gives skin that nice plump, hydrated look. If interested in this product, I recommend not buying it in U.S. beauty stores because the price is outrageous from import fees. Instead, look online for some smaller Korean beauty sellers.

Sophmore at the University of Texas, Austin. I love horror novels, hair metal, and collecting fashion dolls...