This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Pretty leaves, pumpkins, cold weather, cute outfits, Folklore. My favorite things. 

Driving to work, I see the trees gradually changing color from green to a warm orange, indicating fall is upon us. This is one of my favorite parts about fall because although the drive to work is pretty short, I always look forward to seeing the beautiful trees and leaves falling on the way over. Also one of my favorite parts of fall is taking drives around the hill country part of the city which leaves me speechless! Watching the autumn leaves fall while listening to Taylor Swift’s Folklore album, always brings out the best vibes and many happy thoughts during the fall season. 

P.S. I suggest listening to “Seven” by Taylor Swift on a long scenic drive for the perfect autumn vibes!

Going to pumpkin patches with my friends while eating pumpkin-flavored ice cream is one of my favorite activities to do in the fall and has become a great tradition for us. Admiring all the pumpkins is a significant indication of autumn and reminds us that this beautiful season is upon us. With cooler crisp air and the smell of cinnamon undertones everywhere, this favorite season of mine is sure to be a hit this year. I know pumpkin spice lattes are everyone’s favorites, including mine, but eating pumpkin pie after going to a pumpkin patch is also a tradition I have with my friends that brings out much joy within the group and makes me enjoy this beautiful season even more. 

Living in Texas has unfortunately made me absolutely hate the heat since we basically have it year-round, except at the end of fall when the weather starts to become cooler and cooler! Sometimes I wonder how I survived months of continuous heat. The cooler weather also calls for cute outfits with sweaters, leggings, and hoodies, which is one of my favorite parts of fall! Dressing up for different fall activities is something I always look forward to. I often start planning my fall outfits way before the season even hits because of how excited I am to wear cute plaid skirts and oversized sweaters! 

I know this season is not everyone’s favorite, but the cold weather warms my heart and gets me excited for what’s to come, (Santa are you listening?)

Sara Presas is a third year Psychology major with a minor in Business at the University of Texas at Austin and is going on her second year with Her Campus. She loves writing about pop culture, life experiences, music, and fashion. In her free time, she loves going to concerts, discovering new music, and being with friends.