The Soundtrack, The Style, and The Story: A Look at the Best Things About ‘Daisy Jones and The Six’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

The new Amazon Prime Video series Daisy Jones and The Six has captured the attention of viewers and critics alike with its compelling story and impressive performances. Based on the best-selling novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid, the series follows the rise and fall of a fictional 1970s rock band, with a focus on the tumultuous relationship between its two leading members: Daisy Jones and Billy Dunne. Here are the top five best things about the show:

The Authentic 1970s Aesthetic

The show perfectly captures the vibrant and colorful fashion, hairstyles, and interior design of the 1970s. From Daisy’s bohemian-inspired outfits to the band’s extravagant stage costumes, the attention to detail in recreating the era is impressive.

The Soundtrack

Music is at the heart of the show, and the original songs created for the series perfectly captures the sound and feel of 1970s rock. Each performance is a thrilling experience that immerses viewers in the world of the band. One song in particular that stands out from the show’s soundtrack is “Regret Me.” With over 3 million streams on Spotify, the song feels authentic to the style and sound of the band from both the show and the novel.

The Performances

The cast is led by Riley Keough and Sam Claflin, who deliver standout performances as Daisy and Billy. Their chemistry and dynamic as co-leaders of the band are electric, and the supporting cast is equally strong, bringing depth and nuance to their characters.

The Female Empowerment Theme

Daisy Jones and The Six is a story about a woman navigating the male-dominated world of rock music, and the series explores themes of female empowerment and the struggle for recognition and respect. Daisy is a complex and compelling character, and her journey is both inspiring and relatable.

The Narrative Structure

The show is presented in a unique format that combines traditional narrative storytelling with documentary-style interviews with the band members. This approach adds depth and complexity to the story and allows viewers to see the events of the series from multiple perspectives.

Overall, Daisy Jones and The Six is a must-watch series for anyone who loves music, fashion, and compelling storytelling. With its impressive attention to detail, memorable performances, and empowering themes, it’s a show that is sure to leave a lasting impression.

Ilyanna Santos is an aspiring writer and journalist from Austin, Texas. She is currently studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin and is the Marketing and Social Media Director for Shamari Realty. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, and having a good cup of tea.