Style > Beauty

The 4 Best Fragrances To Make You Smell Like ‘That Girl’

Updated Published

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Ever since I was young, I’ve always hated smelling bad. As a kid, I collected so many Bath and Body Works body sprays and as I’ve gotten older, I’ve become a bit of a perfume collector. Recently, I discovered I’m a bigger perfume lover than I thought because I found myself giving fragrance recommendations to my friends several times last week. I’ve also been obsessed with the “that girl” trend on TikTok and decided to compile a list of my favorite perfumes that radiate “it-girl” energy.

Perfect Intense by Marc Jacobs

I’m a big fan of floral and clean smells and Perfect Intense encapsulates those two scents, well, perfectly! It’s fresh and clean smelling with a refreshing feminine touch. It features notes of daffodil, night-blooming jasmine, and sandalwood. You can get the 1.7 oz/50 mL size from Sephora for $95.

You by Glossier

Glossier’s You is definitely one of the most unique perfumes I’ve ever used. Why? Because it changes slightly according to each wearer; meaning no two people will smell the exact same. The base notes of You are pink pepper and iris. Get the 1.7 oz/50 mL from Sephora for $68.

Chance Eau Fraiche (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel

If you like men’s cologne or strong scents, I think you’ll like this one. I always describe this perfume as a “feminine cologne” because it has a fresh citrus and jasmine smell. Chance’s keynotes include citron, jasmine, and teakwood. Get the 1.7 oz/50 mL from Sephora for $110.

Melrose Place By Ouai

If you’re into rose scents, this one is for you. Ouai’s Melrose Place features notes of rose, champagne, and lychee to create a light, floral scent. Plus, the packaging is super chic, and minimalist and features a magnetic lid. Get the 1.7 oz/50 mL from Sephora for $64.

When I wear these perfumes, my whole attitude changes. I feel unique and more put together each day I decide to wear a fragrance. While perfumes and beauty products can help make us feel better about ourselves, it’s important to remember that being “that girl” is all about confidence, not what comes from a bottle.

Sarah is a second-year journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and serves as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Texas. She loves fashion, beauty, and music and enjoys sharing these interests in her writing.