Style > Beauty

“That Girl” Makeup Tips & Essentials

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

What is, or more like who is a “that girl?” A “that girl” is someone who has their life together in all senses. They journal, eat right, work out, and are constantly living as their best, natural selves. This principle also applies to their makeup routines, so if you want to achieve the look, here are some of my recommendations!

Tinted Moisturizer instead of Foundation

Tinted moisturizers are the BEST base to use when going for a light and natural makeup look! It’s lighter than foundation, offers sun protection, and is literally intended to hydrate and moisturize your skin! My personal favorites are from Laura Mercier and Nars.

Liquid Blush instead of Powder

Liquid blush is perfect for creating that smooth, dewy finish. I use Rare Beauty’s liquid blush but there are also good reviews for Glossier’s Cloud Paint and Charlotte Tilbury’s Beauty Light Wand.

Bronzer & Highlighter Duos

Who doesn’t love a good two in one? Get the biggest bang for your buck with this due stick from Jouer Cosmetics. If you want to get individual things, try this Bionic Liquid Bronzer from Milk or Rare Beauty’s Liquid Luminizer Highlight.

Lip Oils instead of Gloss

I love a good lip gloss but they can be so sticky and require constant touch-ups. Lip oils are a Godsend though. They’re hydrating, aesthetically pleasing, and you can wear them bare or layer them with lipstick! I am currently using the ShineOn Milky Lip Jelly from Tower 28 but I also highly recommend the TikTok famous Dior lip oil.

Eyebrows

I like to use Benefit’s brow pencil because it’s waterproof and the fine-point tip is helpful for making small, natural hair-like strokes! If you’re looking for more options try out Benefit’s award-winning tinted eyebrow gel or Glossier’s Boy Brow.

Sharing everything I know about the world of Gen-Z fashion, beauty, and micro-influencing! TikTok: @siarahmaz2.0