Surviving a Day With Her Campus’ Help

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

You wake up. It’s 8AM in October and it’s already 86 degrees.

Your hair will never stay straight in this heat, and even so, you’re in a hurry. You grab your TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray, give your hair a few crunches and voila, a perfectly tousled look.

You rifle through your makeup bag to find something that will not be sweated off your face by noon. You grab your NYC’s 24HR Waterproof Eye Shadow, and wonder if “October Heat” is an actual thing anywhere else.

You pass through the day, wavy hair withstanding and you begin thinking about lunch during your Chemistry lab. You flip through your options. Potbelly? Thai How Are You? Verts? And then it hits you.

You have a BOGO Chipotle coupon. You do a little happy dance, knocking over your lab partner’s equipment. After she quickly takes a shower under the decontamination shower, you invite her to get a burrito with you. It’s the least you can do, really.

You lab partner thoroughly enjoys her free burrito and forgives you for that little mishap earlier. You head home afterward, feeling a bit guilty that you had guac AND chips and queso. You grab a Zing Zero Calorie Sweetener, add it to your water, and immediately feel healthier. Maybe you’ll go on a juice cleanse next week? 

Finally, the hot October day winds down, as do you. You lie down with a good book (maybe We Were Liars by E. Lockhart?) ignore the midterms that are slowly creeping up, and fall fast asleep, knowing that Her Campus is a girl’s best friend.

Thank you to all of our sponsors who donated to Her Campus Texas. Some other items not mentioned here are The Martha Stewart crafting supplies, the She’s the First and the No Ceilings Project flyers. Thanks for making our days better! #HCSurvivalKits #GettingBackGivingBack