This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Staying in Austin this winter break? Here are some festive activities you can do!

1. The Trail of Lights (a classic!)

The Trail of Lights is a long path of lights that includes Disney characters and other cartoons down the path. This is a perfect activity for the family or even for a date. They have all kinds of food trucks, serving funnel cake and hot chocolate! 

1. Mozart’s Coffee Roasters

Mozart’s Coffee Roasters is a coffee house that puts on a small light show at different times of the night. The coffeehouse sells AMAZING coffee (I promise), and the house is located right on the water. This would be the perfect hangout spot for a cold night if you want something warm to drink!

1. Make some cookies

This is a classic activity that never fails to satisfy my sweet tooth AND need for some Christmas activities! Honestly, it doesn’t have to be a specific cookie, you can for sure do peanut butter, sugar, chocolate chip, etc. If you are wondering what cookies to get for the Christmas theme, you have to go with the Pillsbury sugar cookies

Hello! I am a sophomore at the University of Texas at Austin majoring in Psychology, and I love to write. I'm excited to be a part of Her Campus and get involved in the blogs!