This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Everyone’s favorite week of the spring semester is almost here. I realize that everyone wants to have fun and take a break from school, but please be careful during spring break! It’s a reckless time for so many people, and if I can promote safety in any way, I’m going to.

Please stay close to your friends, family, or the people you know. Do not take drinks from strangers. Do not go home with strangers (and if you do, please be extra careful and make sure people know where you are). Consider sharing your location with the people you are with or the people you feel safe and comfortable sharing it with.

Drink water and lots of it, especially if you’ll be outside for spring break. Eat, even if it doesn’t fit in your agenda. Squeeze it in there! Wear sunscreen and sunglasses. Protect yourself and your body!

I know it’s supposed to be a fun week, but things happen, and the last thing anyone wants is to get hurt during spring break.

Be safe, take pictures, and have so much fun!

Xoxo

Gabriella

Hey! I'm Gabriella and I'm a senior at UT majoring in psychology, minoring in sociology and pursuing a certificate in forensic sciences. I'm excited for all that this last year brings and I can't wait to write about all my adventures! <3