This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

The spring semester of college tends to be the most stressful. With Spring Break approaching, here are simple ways to refresh your mind and body from school.

DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM ASSIGNMENTS:

Spring break is the time to allow yourself to forget about the stresses of school. Worrying about assignments or what’s due isn’t giving your mind the rest it needs. Make sure to shut off your computer, close all the tabs and connect yourself with the outdoor world.

SELF-CARE:

Take the week to focus on yourself and your needs. Do the things you haven’t been able to do, like going out for a walk or starting a new book. Each day make sure to take care of a part of your body and feed your mind with positivity. Do your skin-care routine, binge that new Netflix show, get a good-nights sleep, or go out with your friends. Be your priority.

FAMILY & FRIENDS:

Set time aside to visit and connect with your family/friends. College can get lonely. Sometimes time doesn’t allow us to talk to them as much as we want to. Spring Break is a great time to let yourself have fun with your family/friends.

FOOD:

Eat good food, try new restaurants or try cooking new recipes. Food is delicious eat as much of it as you’d like.

AFFIRMATIONS, THEY’RE YOUR BEST FRIEND:

Remind yourself of your goals, and the reasons you are in college. Remind yourself who you are doing it for, and reassure yourself that you are capable of achieving your goals and much more. I just know that you are going to do amazing the rest of the spring semester.

Hope you have a wonderful Spring Break, beautiful!

I'm Chantal, a first-Generation college student at The University of Texas at Austin. I come from a Mexican household, and I'm proud of my culture. I'm a daughter of immigrants, navigating this new college world on my own. I hope to encourage other girls to push forward, despite the obstacles.