Spend a Day with Ed Butt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name: Ed Butt

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Houston, TX

Relationship: Single

Favorite cereal: Fruit Loops

Celebrity Crush: Heath Ledger and Audrey Hepburn

HCTX: What’s your favorite movie?

Ed Butt: 10 Things I Hate About You and the Dark Knight

HCTX: What’s your favorite TV Show?

EB: If you could combine How I Met Your Mother, Friends, that 70s Show and The Office, that would be it.

HXTC: Do you prefer dogs or cats?

EB: Both. My roommate has a cat. Im allergic to it, but I live with one and I love it.

HCTX: Would you like to be famous?

EB: Yeah. But I dont know for what. Wait I take it back, I dont want to be famous.

HCTX: Describe your perfect day.

EB: Wake up, go for a swim, go sky-diving, then have lunch with family, go cliff jumping, have JK Rowling read me Harry Potter, play basketball with Michael Jordan, have tea with a group of close friends, dinner in Paris, go climb the Alps. Then, fly back and see the Northern Lights, get together with family to put a Christmas tree up. Thats the end of my day.

HCTX: How often do you sing to yourself?

EB: I hum to myself in the shower. I cant sing, so its just not the same. It ruins the song.

HCTX: What are you most grateful for in life?

EB: My little brother. Hes autistic and a sophomore in high school.

HCTX: What’s one thing you wish you could do that you can’t?

EB: Sing!

HCTX: Who is the most inspirational person in your life?

EB: My grandfather. He has the kindest soul out of anyone Ive ever met.

HCTX: What’s one thing people should know about you?

EB: I really like chick-flicks because I grew up on them. My mom loves chick-flicks, I watch a lot of movies with her.

Juliet is in her third year at the University of Texas. She's passionate about Texas football, dogs, Harry Potter and changing the world.