Sara Leppala, 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name: Sara Leppala

Major & Year: Advertising sophomore

Hometown: Pearland, Texas

Relationship status: Taken

HCTX: What’s the worst part of long-distance relationship? How do you two deal with it? Do you have any advice for people who are about to be in a long-distance relationship?

SL:The worst part is not getting to spend your day with the person; not being able to share in the little things like watching your favorite TV shows together or the big things like your anniversaries. We text all day and Facetime a lot so that helps with the distance. I would tell someone to just try to talk to each other as much as possible. It really helps by knowing what the other person is doing to feel like you are there with them. 

Favorite movie: Harry Potter Series

Favorite Color: Blue

If you could do anything in the world… I would be an optometrist. I’ve always wanted to help people see this amazing world!

What do you love about UT? I love the pride everyone has in the school. I love seeing people in burnt orange everywhere in Texas and even out of the state. Everyone loves UT!

Who is your celebrity crush?  Nick Jonas because he’s the whole package! Good looks, sweet, funny, and he would write and sing songs to you.

What’s something no one really knows about you? I can do an awesome imitation of Bella Swan in Twilight.

Mira Milla is a junior majoring in Journalism at the University of Texas and is currently interning at 'The Society Diaries'. 
Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.