Ranking Disney Princesses Based on Their Likelihood of Surviving The Hunger Games

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

I started writing this after finishing my midterm, and in my somewhat delirious state, I decided that ranking Disney princesses by how well they’d survive the Hunger Games was a genius idea. To be honest, I’m just really excited for The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, and I always love a good Disney movie. Let’s see how this pans out. Happy Hunger Games!

I’m disregarding the fact that none of these girls would ever want to hurt someone. Let’s just imagine everyone is twisted and sadistic, and only consider survivability.

12. Aurora

She would sleep through the whole thing.

11. Snow White

This girl would be so frightened and wouldn’t make it past the first hour. God forbid there are any poisoned apple trees in the arena.

10. Cinderella

While Cinderella has undeniable strength and resilience, the games would surely wreck her optimistic attitude and make her an easy target.

9. Jasmine

Jasmine is strong-willed and loyal but grew up in a palace, sheltered from society. She would likely have a hard time adjusting to the competition.

8. Ariel

Ariel is curious, daring, and passionate and would figure out creative ways to last a while in the arena, but she is clumsy, too trusting, and naive, making her a weak opponent.

7. Tiana

Tiana is arguably the most hard-working princess. She is highly motivated, smart, committed, and would fight as best she can. However, she doesn’t have much combat or outdoor experience, putting her at a disadvantage.

6. Pocahontas

Pocahontas’s expertise in nature would give her a competitive edge in the games. She could survive for a long time just hiding out, but she is a serious pacifist and would never want to kill anyone, thus lowering her chances.

5. Moana

Moana’s daring and adventurous nature would make her a strong contestant in the games. Her combat experience would come in handy, but she is very young and would require more experience to raise her odds.

4. Rapunzel

While Rapunzel doesn’t have much experience in the outside world, she is resourceful, creative, courageous, and adventurous. She could take a lot of people out with her frying pan. She also has healing powers, but can she use them on herself?

3. Merida

Merida is just as skilled with the bow as Katniss, and she’d rack up many kills, potentially making it a long way through the competition. However, she’s reckless and stubborn, two qualities that would surely be the death of her in the games.

2. Mulan

Mulan is fearless and the epitome of courage. She’d fight to survive and bring honor to her family. However, I’m not sure that the games would motivate her quite enough to reach the top spot. Also, if Mushu were with her, he’d be getting the pair into lots of trouble.

1. Belle

I’m pretty sure Belle has read every book ever published. She’d win just by outsmarting everyone else.

Wow, I would hate to watch those games!

Victoria Plaxton is a computer science student at UT Austin. She writes about pop culture, adulting, and mental health. In her free time, she enjoys baking, going on walks, curating Spotify playlists, and exploring the city.