jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Queen of Fall and Friendship, Megan Ludzenski

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Light seems to gravitate towards Megan whenever she is in the room. She is kind-hearted and gorgeous and fun to be around. I was lucky enough to ask her a few questions about her everyday life and how she stays so positive! 

Hometown: Seguin, TexasYear: JuniorExtra-curriculars: Texas Wake! 

Her Campus Texas: You always look so cute! What are your tips on outfit ideas for Autumn weather? 

Megan Ludzenski: I’m guilty of being a victim of comfort. Once it gets cold enough, I basically live in leggings with slightly oversized sweaters and boots. It’s something that is simple to throw together, but doesn’t have to look sloppy. 

HCTX: What is your favorite place to study on campus? Off campus? 

ML: I love studying in Belo, the communications buildings are where I feel most comfortable on campus. Plus, Belo is so open and bright it doesn’t make you feel trapped in your studies. Off campus, I pretty much just study at home, coffee shops distract me too much because I like to people watch! 

HCTX: What is your go-to food/dessert to bring to holiday parties? 

ML: Pumpkin Roll. It is one of the most magical desserts in the entire world! My dad and I make it together every Thanksgiving, it is our own little tradition, which I think makes me love it even more! 

HCTX: You are so caring and friendly. What are your tips on maintaining friendships/relationships when people are busy with midterms? 

ML: This is a tough one, but one of the easiest things to do is just suggest to your friends that they take study breaks with you, it can be something as quick and easy as a coffee run. Sometimes they are too busy even for that, and that’s okay, school should come first. In that case you can just do little things to show them you care, like sending a quick “good luck” text to them right before an exam. 

HCTX: We only have a couple of home games left! What do you like to do on gameday? 

ML: I am all about tailgating! I absolutely love it, getting out and socializing with other UT fans before a game is what makes us such a strong community. 

HCTX: What is a song you listen to motivate you when you are feeling down? 

ML: This is always changing, I like to mix it up so that nothing becomes old and tired, but right now it is probably Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. 

HCTX: If you could go back and tell your freshman self something, what would it be? 

ML: Get out more! I spent a lot of time as a freshman being shy, but I wish I would have been more social, I could have formed the friendships I have now a lot sooner. 

HCTX: How do you like to reward yourself after you finish a project or a test? 

ML: Food. It’s bad, I know, but I’m constantly telling myself “go ahead and get that sushi! You studied hard for that exam!” 

Nothing bad about that! If anyone deserves some after-test sushi, it’s Megan. She deserves all of the sushi and happiness! 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.