Participate in a UT Voting Study and Be Eligible to Win a $50 Starbucks Card

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Finals got you stressed? Take a study break to help a student out and learn about voting, all from the comfort of your home!

UT Austin students participants are wanted for a research study about student voter behaviors. Subjects will be asked to participate in a 10-minute pre-survey, a Voting 101 Canvas module, and a 4-minute post-survey. All participation is this study can be performed remotely from any device that you own. Individuals may spend however much time they would like to spend in the Voting 101 Canvas module. Students do not have to have a history of voting or be eligible to vote to participate.

The first 50 participants will receive a free Cabo Bob’s Chips & Queso card, and all participants will be entered into a $50 Starbucks Gift Card drawing.

If you are interested in participating, please take the pre-survey here: https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_78nz6yCCpS0Y6Ff.

After finishing the pre-survey, participants will be emailed within 24 hours that they have been added onto the Voting 101 Canvas page and that they are free to view the Canvas page and take the post-survey at their leisure.

The PIs for this project are Grace Thomas and Kassie Barroquillo. If you have any questions for the PI, please call Grace Thomas at 512-590-4727 or email grace.thomas@austin.utexas.edu.

Grace is a Philosophy and Economics double major and a Government minor at the University of Texas at Austin. Most of her writing focuses on politics and civic engagement, characteristically intertwining her journalism with op-ed takes (usually nonpartisan; depends who you ask). Grace enjoys reading philosophy, reading and discussing politics, gushing over her dog, and painting in her spare time. As a true economics enthusiast, she also loves graphs.