Life > Experiences

Activities to Liven Up Your Spring Break If You Are Going Home

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.
  1. Have a picnic

If the weather is nice and your day is free, have a picnic! I love getting my favorite snacks or food and going to a public park on a sunny day. Listen to music, read a book, and eat some food outside alone or with friends.

1. Bake or cook something new 

While in college, I found myself cooking the same things for myself simply because it is easy and quick. However, with this extra time, I am excited to try new recipes and find more go-to meals and treats. 

1. Spend time with loved ones and family 

Being in college has definitely made me feel not only physically distant but emotionally as well. Take this time at home to spend quality times with your family and reconnect with loved ones. 

1. Take a day trip to somewhere near you 

I highly recommend trying this one. Whether you want to try a new restaurant a town over or check out a new hiking trail, day trips are full of endless possibilities. And, who knows, you may find your new favorite spot. 

1. Read a book

I feel like I never have time to read for my own enjoyment between my reading for class. Take this break to pick up that book you have been meaning to check out. 

1. Do a fitness challenge 

This week-long break is the perfect time for a fitness challenge. Start off spring feeling productive and strong. By the end of the week, you will feel rejuvenated and ready for life back on campus. 

My name is Reilly Moriarty, and I am from San Francisco, California. I am a freshman majoring in Political Communications, and I have now been an active member of Her Campus for two semesters! I love reading, hiking, and spending time with my friends and family. I am thrilled to be able to be a contributing member of Her Campus!