This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Netflix has been releasing new content right after the other. I was overwhelmed by how many of my favorite shows were gaining yet another season. The following television shows are my current favorite releases. If you’re looking for a new show to binge-watch, then this is for you.

1. Squid Game

Yes, I know, I know. Another person telling you to watch Squid Game if you haven’t already. If you’re into thrillers and don’t mind some bloodshed then I highly recommend this show. Hundreds of people, most with an insane amount of debt, compete for a massive cash prize by playing children’s games, but with a violent twist. I’ve seen great Korean dramas in the past and Squid Game definitely left me on the edge of my seat after each episode. 

1. On My Block – Season 4

On My Block focuses on a group of friends who experience the ups and downs of not only high school, but life on the streets of Los Angeles. I love seeing diversity and representation in shows. This coming-of-age story presents characters who are not only relatable but humorous as they journey through life finding themselves. Season 4 is the final season and honestly finishing it only left me with more questions.

1. Sex Education – Season 3

Sex Education is a British show focused on a teenage boy named Otis with a mom who works as a sex therapist. He’s gained a lot of knowledge on the subject because of his mom’s occupation and decides to run an underground sex therapy clinic at school. Otis and a teenage girl, Maeve, give out advice to their peers for a price. I LOVE a lot of the cast in this show. They’re teenagers and they’re just trying to figure out life throughout high school. It’s comical and light-hearted, but also brings up serious topics. With this new season, you’re really seeing the growth and development of some characters and that’s always my favorite part. 

1. YOU – Season 3

This show has been insane from the beginning and I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’ve been counting down till season 3 was released. YOU is a psychological thriller that focuses on a man named Joe. What starts as an innocent crush quickly grows into an obsession as Joe will do anything to get the girl he fantasizes about. He won’t let any obstacle, including people, stand in his way. This third season follows a massive plot twist in the second season. A lot happens in this show and there are so many twists and turns. Although concerning at times, this show keeps me wanting more and curious to see what happens next!

Alexis is a senior journalism major and business minor at the University of Texas At Austin. She currently serves as a writer and an associate editor for Her Campus Texas and enjoys creating content about lifestyle, pop culture, and food. Instagram: @ave_lexi