Netflix and Astrology: Matching Your Favorite Shows to Their Zodiac Signs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

As we watch our favorite TV shows we’re bound to find qualities that we connect with that may be embodied by the plot, setting, or characters in the show. One fun way to explore how we connect with these shows is to categorize them as Zodiac signs. In doing so we can see how other signs might approach the same situations in different ways, or further understand how different energies and qualities can come together to create a unique and compelling story.

Stranger Things // Aquarius:

Stranger Things is a popular sci-fi series that takes place in the 1980s. What gives the series this Aquarius vibe is its focus on unusual and mysterious events. Aquarius is an independent and intellectual sign, this is demonstrated by Stranger Things’ eccentric characters and creative storylines.

The Crown // Leo

The Crown is a historical drama about Queen Elizabeth II’s reign that delves into the rumored secret lives of the royal family. With its grandiose settings, lavish clothes, and a regal cast of characters, this show exudes a strong Leo spirit. The Crown, which centers on the British monarchy, exemplifies how Leos are known for their leadership abilities and love of the limelight.

Narcos // Scorpio

In this crime drama series, audiences watch the rise and fall of the infamous drug lord Pablo Escobar. Due to its focus on the criminal underground and its dark and dramatic themes, this show can be classified as having a strong Scorpio energy. Scorpios are known for their ferocity and hunger for power, and Narcos’ portrayal of the drug trade exemplifies these traits.

Orange is the New Black // Gemini

This comedy-drama series depicts the lives of inmates in a jail for women. Emphasizing a wide cast of individuals and their distinctive characteristics, this drama gives off all of the Gemini energy. With its diverse cast and blend of humor and drama, Orange is the New Balck demonstrates the variety and adaptability that Geminis are known for.

Outer Banks // Sagittarius

In this popular Netflix series, a group of teenagers navigates their complex lives while looking for hidden treasure. With a strong emphasis on exploration, freedom, and adventure, this show has a strong Sagittarius energy. Outer Banks, with its thrilling plotlines and daring characters, embody the adventurous and liberated nature of Safittarians, two characteristics that are well-known qualities of the sign.

The Netflix series listed above illustrate how TV shows can have a distinct energy and personality that aligns with the characteristics of Zodiac signs. Whether you’re a fan of sci-fi, historical dramas, crime shows, comedies, period pieces, or treasure hunts, there’s a Netflix series out there for everyone that will align with their astrological sign.

Ilyanna Santos is an aspiring writer and journalist from Austin, Texas. She is currently studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin and is the Marketing and Social Media Director for Shamari Realty. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, and having a good cup of tea.