When Harry Met Sally
When Harry Met Sally
Castle Rock Entertainment

My Top 5 Film Girl Fall Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Fall is the time of scarves, warm cups of tea, pumpkin spice, and citrus-adorned leaves. It’s my favorite season of the year besides what comes after it. I love Fall and all it has to offer. It’s the perfect time to settle down to read a book or watch a movie in some cozy pumpkin-themed socks. I have perfected a list of movies that are perfect to watch this fall. So settle in and grab a friend or a partner to marathon these movies!

When Harry Met Sally

This is the best movie to watch during the fall! The aesthetics of it all screams fall. Plus this movie is known as the slowest of all slow burns regarding the romance department.

Practical Magic

This is a staple fall movie I watched as a kid. It’s quickly become my favorite movie. There’s witches, spells, sisterhood, and romance. What more could a girl ask for? Also Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman? Practically magic.

Mystic Pizza

I feel like this is one of Julia Roberts’s lesser-known movies, but it comes in the form of more familial bonds and heartache. This movie will make most hungry for pizza in this coming-of-age film. And don’t be fooled by the coastal summer aesthetics of it.

Knives Out

The murder mystery vibe of the movie is perfect. A “whodunnit” movie with a side of popcorn is great when you want to forget your troubles. An all-star cast and a woman-lead protagonist? Sign me up! I will forever want the white cable-knit sweater Chris Evan wears in this movie.

Paddington

Last but not least a very recognizable brown bear named Paddington. This is such an adorable and feel-good movie that can just put anyone in a great mood if it’s starting to feel like sad girl autumn.

Madisyn Treviño (she/her) is a Rhetoric and Writing major and is serving her first year at Her Campus at Texas. She is passionate about writing, women's rights, Taylor Swift, rom-coms, discussing intersectionality, and 90s fashion. You can find more of her work on the student-run radio station, KVRX, website. IG: @0hmadi