This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It’s been four weeks since I’ve made UT my home, and there’s been so much to do! Exploring Austin and all the stuff it has to offer is a fun way to pass time, but there are also a ton of things to do on campus. Student organizations are always hosting events and they usually have free food. If that’s not enough to lure you in, I’m not sure what is. Here are a few organizations that I’ve considered joining my short time here on campus:

Koinonia

This is actually an organization that made an impression on me during orientation and continued to intrigue me throughout my time here. Koinonia is a Christian fellowship near campus. What I loved about them is how friendly they were. I felt very comfortable around them, something that provided me security during my first few weeks on my own.

Texas Belles

I discovered this organization through a little organization fair hosted by college, Moody School of Communications. It’s a professional spirit group that focuses on event planning and provides internships and jobs in this category as well as other communication areas such as marketing. They have meetings every week, and usually, they’ll have a guest speaker or workshop to introduce you to different companies in the Austin area and help improve your event planning skills. Not only does it boost your resume and help you network, but it also gives you the opportunity to create bonds with other people in the organization through the several social events they host.

Korean Music Association

So, I am VERY into kpop, especially BTS. I’m from El Paso where there aren’t a lot of people who are interested in it, so coming here and finding the amount of support and fans that are on campus is really comforting and exciting! Korean Music Association focuses on the different genres in Korean music and creates a fun, friendly environment for fans of Korean music to get together and have a good time. They even have a dance workshop every Wednesday that teaches members their favorite choreographies. They’re a lot of benefits to being a part of this association including group orders on albums (which is cheaper than just buying it yourself) and just being able to talk about comebacks and your favorite groups.

Korean Dance Crew (KDC)

As the name suggests, KDC is a dance crew that focuses on learning choreographies to Korean songs. I love to dance, even though I’m not great at it, and kpop is well known for their amazing choreography. Trying out for this organization seemed like a no brainer to me. Learning the dance moves haven’t been easy for me, but it’s definitely been fun.

With over 1,300 student organizations, you’re bound to find one you’ll love. If not, starting your own is always an option! Making time for these organizations might be difficult or overwhelming at first, but just keep in mind that you have about four years to try everything that you want to. Have fun, and hook ‘em!

A perfectionist majoring in Journalism and Public Relations at the University of Texas at Austin. Loves BTS, traveling to new places, and sleeping.
Socialite, blogger, perfectionist; suffering from fomo and currently attending the University of Texas at Austin. Advertising major and member of Zeta Tau Alpha fraternity.