This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Why UT and why your major?

UT because my dad and older brother went here so it was comfortable, top 7% rule so it was easy, and it also has one of the best business programs in the United States so it was ideal. Also, I come from Dallas so I think 4 hours is the perfect not-too-close-but-never-too-far distance!

What was the last picture you took on your phone?

It was a picture of my best friend [Joseph] drinking starbucks and eating taco bell because those are two of my favorite restaurants, and he’s one of my favorite people!

What are you passionate about?

I am passionate about making the world a better place, being nice to people even when they’re not nice to you, sleeping, and petting as many dogs as possible.

What is your favorite thing about Austin?

My favorite thing about Austin is all of the weird people and the unique places to eat!!

Describe yourself in three words:

In three words, I am: compassionate, kooky, and cool.

What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?

One time I went out of town and it started raining in Carrollton and my friend told me “How metaphorical, Mira. It rains when you’re gone and is sunny when you’re here because you bring sunshine wherever you go.”

What food best describes you?

Macaroni and Cheese because I’m cheesy!!

If you could only watch, read or listen to one book, movie or CD for the rest of your life what would it be and why?

I would only listen to A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay forever and ever. It’s my favorite album in the world and I’ve cried to it so many times and I love it so much!

Jordan is a first-year journalism major at The University of Texas at Austin. When she's not writing articles or covering events, she enjoys trying new coffee shops or scrapbooking.