rus nudes1 1
rus nudes1 1
Courtesy of Ru\'s Nudes
Life > Experiences

Learning To Love My Small Boobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.
rus nudes1 1
Courtesy of Ru\’s Nudes

My biggest insecurity is my boobs, more specifically their size. They’re small! I’m not even an A-cup. It’s a bummer, and saying that doesn’t put me down. In my journey of learning to love them, I’ve accepted that I can’t (naturally) change their size. I have small boobs. 

From there *aka* my acceptance of their size, I began wearing clothes that made me feel comfortable with my boobs. For instance, tops that complemented their shape and ditching bras – that didn’t fit me – for bralettes. Bralettes are so cute and fun to wear, they make me feel confident!

It’s a balancing act, to say the least, as I have my good and bad days. On the bad days, I have to remind myself that the size of my boobs doesn’t equate to my femininity or lack thereof. I find feeling secure in my womanhood with such small breasts difficult. I spent my childhood thinking that my femininity was defined by the presentation of my body, but gender is expression; it isn’t defined by one’s anatomy. I just so happen to be a woman with small boobs, but their size doesn’t invalidate my gender expression or identity as a woman.

Accepting your body isn’t an easy feat, I work through it every day, hour by hour, minute by minute. I get dressed and remind myself that my boobs are not my enemy. My self-hatred is the enemy! My boobs are small, and they’re beautiful.

Justice Morris (she/her) is a second-year history and Mexican American Latino Studies double major at the University of Texas at Austin. She is also pursuing a Core Texts and Ideas certificate. Justice is a passionate writer; she enjoys sharing her thoughts on the arts, life as a college student, and her cultural experiences as a Chicana woman. You can find more of her work in The Liberator, the official publication of the College of Liberal Arts.