Last Minutes Musts in ATX Before You Leave for the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Sadly, another semester and year is dwindling down at the University of Texas, whether we realize it or not as we cram for our finals. Within the next two weeks we will leave our dorms empty, packing every article of this year in a box only to be shipped or put in storage, and we will watch our friends leave one by one, whether leaving means driving 3 hours to their home in Houston or flying off to the East or West coast. The past few weeks have felt so rushed with last minute assignments, projects, final tests, and don’t forget about registration for classes! Before I knew it I was looking at my planner and realized I only have one solid week left of school before my last final. I don’t know about the rest of you but finals week can be a little weird depending on your schedule. You can have a all of your tests in the beginning and be done early in the week, or if you are like me you have your final on one of the later dates leaving you a full week of no class… time that is meant to be spent studying. Though I do encourage all of you collegiette’s to lock your brain into your textbooks and get your study on next week, I know that you are not going to be spending every hour studying (unless you are, and in that case…bless your brain!). Instead I would like for you to take some time and have some fun completing a few of the items off of my list of ‘Things to do before you leave for the summer!’

1. Get coffee with a friend that will going far away over the summer.

2. Get 3am Whataburger with your roommate (because why not?)

3. Go to one last Darty and/or Greek party.

4. Check out the sales at the Co-op.

5. Walk around Campus one more time.

6. Visit the Turtle Pond.

7. Go down to 6th street.

8. Shop at the Drag.

9. Tan in the sun before it turns 100 degrees.

10. Have a girl’s night.

11. Say goodbye to the squirrels of campus.

12. Eat at Pluckers.

13. Get some Fro-yo with a friend.

14. Have a dance party with your friends.

15. Walk around in a Big T and Nike Shorts (because its only acceptable on campus).

16. Make summer plans with friends.

17. Decide what weekend tickets of ACL your friends are all getting.

18. Decided what weekends you and your friends want to visit Austin over the summer.

19. Make all of your final goodbyes.

20. Breathe in all the UT is, and count down the days till your back at it!