This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Have you barely started your Christmas shopping? Yeah, me too. These items are lifesaving and cheap last-minute gifts for your friends. Or the people you forgot about. 

Socks 

To make the gift more thoughtful, I found socks that correlated to my friends and me. Each pair of socks is related to a different memory or joke I have with each friend. I didn’t want to spend too much money, but I still wanted to put some individual thought into my gifts.

Candles or Wax Melts

I love new candles and wax melts. To make this gift more personal, I would buy scents that I know they like or scents that remind me of them. Candles and wax melts are such an easy way to remind someone you thought of them, and they’re great for the winter!

Blankets

New blankets are always appreciated! Especially during these lazy winter nights. Most stores sell cheap blankets and throws that come in so many designs. Pair a blanket with some movie night snacks, and that’s a perfect gift for anybody! 

Makeup

Makeup is always an easy gift to give if they’re interested in it. Lip glosses, lipstick, and single eyeshadows are still great stocking stuffers. Makeup brushes and sponges are also easy gifts for makeup wearers. 

Gift Cards

I used to hate getting gift cards. Now, I love getting them because it gives me the freedom to buy what I want. Personalized gift cards to certain stores are even better. Giving a person a gift card or certificate to a place they love is easy. They’re also perfect for online shopping during COVID. 

Soaps, Lotions, Perfumes & Colognes 

These are perfect for people of any age. I love to get matching sets of these. These are a bit more expensive, but still worth it.

I love the idea of gift-giving, and I love how it feels to make someone happy with an item that reminded me of them. It’s not always about the gift or how big it is or how much it cost. These ideas are lower budget gifts that will still mean the world to someone. 

Hey! I'm Gabriella and I'm a senior at UT majoring in psychology, minoring in sociology and pursuing a certificate in forensic sciences. I'm excited for all that this last year brings and I can't wait to write about all my adventures! <3
Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!