This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

I decided to re-watch the To All The Boys series as I’m free from midterms. And I have something to say…justice for John Ambrose! Here are my definitive reasons why I’m on team John Ambrose:

Jordan Fisher

Who could resist the charisma Jordan Fisher brings to this role?! No hate to Noah Centineo, but I have my biases from Teen Beach Movie. My crush on Fisher has only grown between these two movies!

The Chemistry

Sure they met in middle school, but the chemistry between Laura Jean and John Ambrose is out of this world! The way he looks at her makes my heart melt! I love watching these old friends be reminded of the beautiful connection they once shared, that of two kids in love but too shy to act upon it.

Friends to Lovers > Fake Dating

For my readers, these tropes are ever-present and needless to say, I have a preference. In friends to lovers, the characters get the chance to form an authentic connection, without strange pretenses as to why they need to fake date, which isn’t a strong foundation for a relationship.

Justice Morris (she/her) is a second-year history and Mexican American Latino Studies double major at the University of Texas at Austin. She is also pursuing a Core Texts and Ideas certificate. Justice is a passionate writer; she enjoys sharing her thoughts on the arts, life as a college student, and her cultural experiences as a Chicana woman. You can find more of her work in The Liberator, the official publication of the College of Liberal Arts.