Meredith Kress-Converse And Fallen Leaves
Meredith Kress / Her Campus

It’s Finally Fall Y’all

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

September of 2019 was Austin’s second hottest September in history. Temperatures regularly exceeded 95 degrees fahrenheit with the lowest recorded temperature being 74 degrees fahrenheit. Needless to say, walking across the forty acres has been a grueling experience for UT students so far this semester with many individuals frequently showing up to class drenched in sweat. The weather chart below demonstrates just how hot the past month has been.

Fortunately, next week a cold front is set to sweep across Texas on the morning of Monday October 7th. There should be a stark drop in temperatures with a predicted high on Monday of 76 degrees fahrenheit. In the following days we should see temperatures warming back up, notably on Wednesday the 9th and Thursday the 10th, but on Friday a second cold front is set to hit Texas. This additional cold front is predicted to being temperatures below 70 degrees fahrenheit. 

Very soon we should stop seeing temperatures reaching above 90 degrees, so pull out your apple cinnamon scented candles and pumpkin spice lattes, because Fall has officially arrived in the lonestar state. 

Cameron Crates is studying Psychology and Chinese at the University of Texas at Austin. In her free time she enjoys watching movies, being around friends, and long-distance running.
Megan Turner is studying Spanish and Political Communication at the University of Texas at Austin. In her free time she enjoys long-distance running, painting, and spending time with friends.