Wellness

How to Elevate Your Breakfast Game: Overnight Oats with Coconut Milk, Chia Seeds, and a Dash of Rose

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Are you tired of the same old breakfast routine? Well, we’ve got the perfect solution for you – overnight oats with a unique twist! This delicious breakfast meal is perfect for those who want something filling, healthy, and convenient. And with the addition of coconut milk and chia seeds, you’ll be getting a nutritious and satisfying meal that will keep you full until lunchtime. But wait, there’s more! We’re also adding a special touch of rose syrup, giving your breakfast a fragrant and elegant twist. Get ready to elevate your breakfast game with this tasty and unique recipe!

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup of rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup of coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
  • 1-2 tablespoons of rose syrup

Instructions:

1. In a mason jar or container with a lid, drizzle the syrup around the rim for that Insta worthy.
  2. Combine the oats, coconut milk, water, and chia seeds in the container.
  3. Stir the ingredients until well combined. You’ll want the milk to saturate all the dry ingredients.
  4. Cover the jar with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
  5. In the morning, give the oats a stir and add additional milk or water if desired.
  6. Top with fresh fruit, nuts, or granola if desired.

Tips:

• Make a larger batch of overnight oats to last you several days.
  • Experiment with different flavors of syrup or extracts, such as vanilla, almond, or lavender.
  • For a creamier texture, use all coconut cream instead of milk

So what are you waiting for? Don’t settle for boring breakfasts any longer! Try out this easy and delicious overnight oats recipe with a touch of elegance from the rose syrup. It’s perfect for those on the go, those who like to meal prep, or those who just want a healthy and flavorful breakfast option. Give it a try and see how this unique twist on a classic breakfast favorite can make your mornings brighter and more enjoyable!

Vanna Chen

Texas '23

Senior Computer Science Major Sleepy, Funny, Addicted to Kombucha